Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Having some unsettling issues with my spark

Bjjk14

Join
Jan 20, 2018
So the last 2 times I flew my spark I've had some issues that I cannot quite figure out.
The first one was when I started the spark and simply flew it straight up to about 160 feet. The drone then initiated an autoland which I could not cancel I could only control the direction. I noticed as it was coming down it looked pretty unstable and it practically slammed into the ground. There were no messages to warn me of anything and nothing that looked out of the ordinary. After this I flew it low and slow and had no issues.

Today was the first time I flew it since the incident so I launched it and let it hover about 10 feet up while I tweeked some camera settings and the spark lost connection to the remote while I was right next to it. Again it came back down hard and slammed onto a rock, luckily there was no damage but the propeller chopped up some tall grass. The spark sat on the ground chopping up grass for a solid 20 seconds before it automatically shut the motors off.

Once again I flew it low and slow after the incident and had no problems.
The area I was in both times was over 5 miles away from anything and I was in a very large open field with literally nothing around.

Any ideas or suggestions as to where to go from here?

Last edited:
Are you us
So the last 2 times I flew my spark I've had some issues that I cannot quite figure out.
The first one was when I started the spark and simply flew it straight up to about 160 meters. The drone then initiated an autoland which I could not cancel I could only control the direction. I noticed as it was coming down it looked pretty unstable and it practically slammed into the ground. There were no messages to warn me of anything and nothing that looked out of the ordinary. After this I flew it low and slow and had no issues.

Today was the first time I flew it since the incident so I launched it and let it hover about 10 feet up while I tweeked some camera settings and the spark lost connection to the remote while I was right next to it. Again it came back down hard and slammed onto a rock, luckily there was no damage but the propeller chopped up some tall grass. The spark sat on the ground chopping up grass for a solid 20 seconds before it automatically shut the motors off.

Once again I flew it low and slow after the incident and had no problems.
The area I was in both times was over 5 miles away from anything and I was in a very large open field with literally nothing around.

Any ideas or suggestions as to where to go from here?

Are you using OTG?

Are you standing directly or pretty much directly under the aircraft?

What is the configuration of your antenna on the RC? Straight up? Angled? Straight out?

I am in the U.S. and I'm not using OTG.

The first issue I had, the spark was about 20 feet in front of me when I launched it straight up overhead.

The second time it was about 10 feet away and 10 feet up.

Both times the attenas were pointed straight up and I always made sure to point the front of the antennas at the spark.

The first issue I had, the spark was about 20 feet in front of me when I launched it straight up overhead.
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis