Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Eastern NC!

Akuen_527

Join
Apr 6, 2019
Hey all, eagerly awaiting my Spark to arrive in the mail, and just wanted to stop in and say hello. I was trying to decide between the Spark and Hubsan Zino for my first high quality drone, but the overall numerous issues the Zino is having as well as no customer support/repair system in place made me decide on the Spark. Great to be here and hopefully the Spark 2 doesn't release next month LOL.

Reactions: msinger
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Akuen_527.

I have been a happy Spark owner since July 2017.

I know what you mean about a potential Spark 2 being released, but I think it's already out and it's called the Mavic Air. ?

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to this inspiring group (me not withstanding). The Spark is a blast - I can remember your excitement!

Thanks everybody, now if only the post service wasn't so incompetent. Amazon can move something 5 states in less than 24 hrs but USPS can't even deliver it the last 2 miles in a day. Been out for delivery all day now, and mail was already in my box today when I checked.(could have been yesterdays)

Thanks everybody, now if only the post service wasn't so incompetent. Amazon can move something 5 states in less than 24 hrs but USPS can't even deliver it the last 2 miles in a day. Been out for delivery all day now, and mail was already in my box today when I checked.(could have been yesterdays)

Screenshot_20190406-181142~2.png

Welcome to the forum :)

Did it ever arrive?

I'm from NC but WAYYYYY on the other end high in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Did it ever arrive?

I'm from NC but WAYYYYY on the other end high in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC :)

Yes, It ended up being delivered a couple days after when it was actually marked delivered. Thinking it was marked that way to avoid getting a -mark with amazon since they assured me it would be delivered Saturday. Just irks me when something says delivered in your mailbox, and they were lying. Whole time I'm trying not to have a panic attack because I'm thinking, "Yo, did someone steal my drone off the porch?" Just poor bus. practice from USPS but who hasn't seen that before.

Besides thaaaat, you may have seen my new spark wont charge thread, that turned out to be the DJI supplied cable which just wouldn't work for some reason. I shaved another cable down and am using that now with no issues, but still on the hunt for another micro USB charging cable that will actually fit in the Sparks recessed port.

Otherwise I am loving the Spark, now just trying to decide between DJI Refresh and insuring through my local agent. I know the Spark is cheap but still I would be a wreck and prolly never fly again if tomorrow I take it up to 150 feet and it just decides to fly off east.. (know real fly a ways are rare, but it does happen)

EDIT: Where abouts if you don't mind my asking? I have family in Plumtree, close to a town called Spruce Pine I think? They have like a camp for kids up there.

Yes, It ended up being delivered a couple days after when it was actually marked delivered. Thinking it was marked that way to avoid getting a -mark with amazon since they assured me it would be delivered Saturday. Just irks me when something says delivered in your mailbox, and they were lying. Whole time I'm trying not to have a panic attack because I'm thinking, "Yo, did someone steal my drone off the porch?" Just poor bus. practice from USPS but who hasn't seen that before.

Besides thaaaat, you may have seen my new spark wont charge thread, that turned out to be the DJI supplied cable which just wouldn't work for some reason. I shaved another cable down and am using that now with no issues, but still on the hunt for another micro USB charging cable that will actually fit in the Sparks recessed port.

Otherwise I am loving the Spark, now just trying to decide between DJI Refresh and insuring through my local agent. I know the Spark is cheap but still I would be a wreck and prolly never fly again if tomorrow I take it up to 150 feet and it just decides to fly off east.. (know real fly a ways are rare, but it does happen)

EDIT: Where abouts if you don't mind my asking? I have family in Plumtree, close to a town called Spruce Pine I think? They have like a camp for kids up there.

I'm a bit more West of them. I'm almost in TN.... I'm near Asheville, NC.

I have family up near Spruce Pine too. A small town call Newland NC. Small world :)

Reactions: Akuen_527

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef