Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Illinois

Hello from your neighbor in the Hoosier Heartland Avanti84.

Congratulations on your purchase, you're going to like it.

Make sure to register with the FAA and display your numbers on the outside. You can use a label maker, paint or a simple Sharpie to write on it.

I have all of my accessories and the Spark marked with lost and found information. Its also a good idea to put that information on the SD card in the form of a text file should the information on the outside become comprised due to the elements if it has to spend some time outside before being found. Just don't format the card in the Spark, you'll lose that file.

Three apps worth having on your device for pre flight checks would be UAV Forecast, Windy(.com), and AirMap.

UAV Forecast will give you weather conditions for flight and has parameters that you can set such as wind speed at 200 feet.

Windy provides a flowing graphic of the wind on a map to show the direction rather than an arrow.

AirMap will show the airspace in your area with the restrictions that are in place at the time.

Be sure to check local regulations such as parks to be sure it's ok.

Another useful tip is to place a clear piece of sticky tape over the bar code serial numbers on the remote and inside the Sparks battery compartment for future use. I think everyone has the numbers worn off of the remote after use.

Speaking of bar codes, don't waste your time trying to scan it when setting it up. I don't think anybody has had luck with that. Just type it in.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: I B Spectre
Welcome to the forum Avanti84 you'll learn a lot here.

Jeff from Minnesota :cool:

Welcome from Florida. I found the nicest, most helpful people when I checked-in here. Tons of info and experience and the willingness to share.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from the east coast of Canada. Nice to hear you'll soon be getting your Spark wings. Happy flying!

I'm a fairly inexperienced pilot, and have been having fun learning using a Tello. I'm comfortable enough with the Tello that I decided to move up to a Spark. I should be getting it next week. Meanwhile I will be researching the forum for tips.
Cool Illinois! Good for you. We’ll be anxious to hear and see from you!

George from Montana

Thanks for all of the welcomes.
I got everything connected, updated, and calibrated today, and got a quick up and down in my office today. Drifts more than the Tello inside because of no GPS signal. Will register it then take my first real flight outside soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme