Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello

ShugPug

Join
May 11, 2018
Hi - new to the Spark and drones in general. I'm British, currently living in Germany and just about to head out to Nevada for a couple of years. Really impressed with the Spark so far - only had a couple of flights and still learning how to fly it before being able to think about the photos and videos I'm taking too much.

Question for the hive mind - how much detail will I need to provide in the US when flying in proximity to other airspace users? I was careful on my one flight not in my back garden to be nowhere near anything, but I may not have that luxury in the US.

Thanks!

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

how much detail will I need to provide in the US when flying in proximity to other airspace users?
What exactly do you mean by this? What kind of detail are you referring to?

Reactions: Sending It
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

What exactly do you mean by this? What kind of detail are you referring to?
I'm not exactly sure... I'm guessing location and altitude at a minimum, but was wondering if I needed to provide any further information?

Who exactly do you plan on providing that information to? Why is that person/company requesting you provide this information?

Who exactly do you plan on providing that information to? Why is that person/company requesting you provide this information?
Hypothetical example - say I want to fly at this location, with these two phone numbers from AirMap. What info do I need to tell them when I want to fly? PSX_20180513_190359.jpeg

Hello from the Mid-West, ShugPug.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*DJI Spark Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark User Manual V1.6-.pdf

Hypothetical example - say I want to fly at this location, with these two phone numbers from AirMap. What info do I need to tell them when I want to fly? View attachment 4970
Ah, so, you want to fly within 5 miles of an airport. Check out this article for more details on notifying nearby airports before flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme