Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help please. Have not seen this error/warning before.

RickMz

Join
Dec 31, 2019
After a successful first flight minutes before (the only difference was a battery change), I immediately started getting errors (data loss) at only three feet away and 15.3 feet altitude. I decided to cut the flight short just in case. I've attached the partial airdata report for reference (notice (battery) cell voltage graph was all over the place). Has anybody seen this before? Thank you for any help provided.

You need to upload the flight data to the phantom help forum and then post that link back to here to be read.

You need to upload the flight data to the phantom help forum and then post that link back to here to be read.
Jerry:
I never uploaded one but can see all details inside my input above. Do I understand correctly that I need to go to Phantom Pilots Help Forum to upload the data? What is the use of the link then? Sorry, confused (and new at it ;-))

Jerry:
I never uploaded one but can see all details inside my input above. Do I understand correctly that I need to go to Phantom Pilots Help Forum to upload the data? What is the use of the link then? Sorry, confused (and new at it ;-))

Here's the link.

Were the antennas folded out to the proper position?

You sure did have a lot of disconnects during the flight.

Were the antennas folded out to the proper position?

You sure did have a lot of disconnects during the flight.
I hear you. NEVER had that problem before (18 flights). Yes, they were fine and working on the prior flight. At that distance it shouldn't make that much difference, right?
Another thing I noticed...when I started it for the first flight, it wanted me to register it like it was the first flight. When I looked at Airdata /Equipment/Drones, it shows it as "Default Spark Drone" vs it's given name, Sparky.

That happened to me once. I was in a narrow area/canyon so I sent Spark up, not very high, just to get more satellites. Without thinking about it, I was facing forward holding the controller while looking at my iPhone. Antennas straight up to Spark (where I should have pointed them forward or rotated the conroller) in that scenario.

Reactions: RickMz
After a successful first flight minutes before (the only difference was a battery change), I immediately started getting errors (data loss) at only three feet away and 15.3 feet altitude.

Anytime I've lost connection with my Spark when it was this close by there was always some form of interference causing the problem. Either wifi or bluetooth from my phone or my neighbor's wifi. You may want to tinker with your wifi channels if it happens again. A lot of people who use 5.8ghz on their router at home have it set to autoscan channels so even if it's ok one day it may not be the next.

Reactions: RickMz
Anytime I've lost connection with my Spark when it was this close by there was always some form of interference causing the problem. Either wifi or bluetooth from my phone or my neighbor's wifi. You may want to tinker with your wifi channels if it happens again. A lot of people who use 5.8ghz on their router at home have it set to autoscan channels so even if it's ok one day it may not be the next.
I’ll check that out. Makes sense it could be this since I was right by the house and the battery change could have lead to a channel change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis