Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help please

swan7926

Join
Aug 14, 2017
Why is it that every time i use the spark i have to first reconnect the spark to WIFii, the spark wifii does not show up until i hold battery for three beeps etc. and then i have to reconnect the **** RC. Should this not be saved after the first time? this is annoying.

Why is it that every time i use the spark i have to first reconnect the spark to WIFii, the spark wifii does not show up until i hold battery for three beeps etc. and then i have to reconnect the **** RC. Should this not be saved after the first time? this is annoying.
Many possibilities, many speculations.
Any extra information like, are you in Europe/US, Spark is in FCC or CE mode, phone is android or ios, firmware and app versions, ... would help.

It is not normal that after you link the Spark to the RC you would need to reset the Spark wifi to phone mode at 2.4G (3 beeps).
But from your description, I don't see one easy answer.

One possible explanation is that your phone cannot see the 5.8GHz channels the Spark or RC uses. Samsung S6, Tab S2 don't see them, S8 see them, iPad mini 4 and I think in general IOS devices see them. But it is not really clear if in your case it would impact.

Spark first check for disturbance in 2.4G and if there are, it switch to 5.8G. If you use the RC, it will just use the other band.
When you press the battery button to get 3 beeps, it reset the Spark to use 2.4G band and no RC, then you see the Spark-xxxx wifi.
The Spark has 2 modes of operation, directly to the phone by wifi (it shows wifi Spark-xxxx) or linked to the RC and you will see only RC wifi as Spark-RC-xxxx).

Maybe also the sequence to startup should be correct, this when the Spark is linked to the RC (after linked, the Spark don't show its wifi as Spark-xxxx):
- Turn on the Spark
- Turn on the RC, it LED blink RED and after ~10 seconds it should turn solid GREEN
- You can connect to wifi Spark-RC-xxxx

When you press long for 3 beeps, you also unlink the RC and you are then forced to relink the RC to the Spark.
Normally you need only to link one time.

Possible solution is to use an OTG cable between the phone and the RC so there is only one wifi between Spark and RC and your phone will not be involved with that.

There are also other possible issues related to firmware.

Reactions: Doug Ross
Important is also the order. If you start first the RC and then the Spark several second later, the RC LED will be at some time solid RED, the RC will finally link (solid GREEN), but it can take up to 30 seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis