Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help with Camera Stabilizer

freedomsoftware

Join
Oct 29, 2017
Hi all, I'm new to the drone scene and loving it so far. Today I noticed that the (stabilizer?) for the camera that keeps it steady while doing a hard maneuver to the left or right seems a bit different from when I first got my drone (a week ago today).

I included a video of what its doing. This is what it does when I go from no movement to a hard right and left. In the video you can see the camera isn't very stable what so ever. I don't know if its supposed to do this or not, but I thought I remember the camera being more stable. If anyone can verify that maybe my stabilizer might be defective I don't mind sending in my drone as I have the protection plan. Thanks

Hi all, I'm new to the drone scene and loving it so far. Today I noticed that the (stabilizer?) for the camera that keeps it steady while doing a hard maneuver to the left or right seems a bit different from when I first got my drone (a week ago today).

I included a video of what its doing. This is what it does when I go from no movement to a hard right and left. In the video you can see the camera isn't very stable what so ever. I don't know if its supposed to do this or not, but I thought I remember the camera being more stable. If anyone can verify that maybe my stabilizer might be defective I don't mind sending in my drone as I have the protection plan. Thanks

Welcome to the community!

This looks similar to what the camera does when sport mode is enabled on the Spark. If you’re using a remote, check the switch in the photo.IMG_9476.JPG

I am using the controller but my drone is not in sport mode. Don't have the balls to enable it inside [emoji28]

That makes sense! If you haven’t tried it yet, Tripod mode is a great way to fly indoors.

Let’s check the gimbal settings. Open the “general settings” menu (3 dots upper right of screen). On my phone I had to scroll the icons on the left side until I got to the bottom of the list. Pick the icon that looks like a camera. The “gimbal mode” setting is normally on “follow”. This smooths out the motion. In FPV mode the camera “rolls” with the drone like in your video. This simulates flying on the drone itself.
IMG_9486.JPG
IMG_9487.JPG

You can also set one of the customizable controller buttons to switch back and forth between these settings.

IMG_9488.JPG

Reactions: hendywidodo
This was it. Not sure when the setting must have changed but that was the issue. Thanks for super in depth right up on how to fix it! If others have the same issue they will know what to do!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit