Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help With Setup of New Spark

Fly_Ry-DJI

Join
Dec 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a new DJI Spark Fly More Combo from an authorized dealer on amazon. I have not flown the drone as yet because I am trying to setup the drone properly before testing a flight, but I am unable to complete setup. Here are some of the issues that I've been having:

1. I was unable to find the micro usb chip in the packaging- so i purchased one.​

2. I the DJI Go4 app does not appear to be able to scan the barcode on the drone, packaging, or control without multiple attempts. I was eventually able to activate the Spark but not the controler. What do you think is causing the issue here?​

3. I am considering signing up for the Spark insurance. Do you think it is worth it?​

4. The wifi signal between my phone and the spark does not hold for long periods of time and I am concerned about flying the drone and a loss of connection. This may be better if I am able to get the controler connected.​

Any suggested troubleshooting videos on youtube that I could watch? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Regarding your setup issues:

1. Not clear what you mean by "missing micro USB chip". Fly More bundles purchased directly from DJI include a free micro SD card but other sellers don't have this promo. The bundles that include a remote also include a micro USB cable.

2. Scanning the barcodes on packaging isn't part of setup. There are QR codes intended for that purpose but they are a waste of time - better off using as alphanumeric passcodes instead.

3. Not sure which insurance you are referring to. Some people get good rates adding to their homeowners policy or as a rider. I strongly recommend DJI Care Refresh - you will appreciate coverage the first time you have significant crash damage - it happens.

4. You definitely want to get that controller paired directly to aircraft asap - it is far superior to connection you get when flying drive using phone alone. Many, many threads on proper setup of you search this forum.

Plenty of folks have issue with setup - you are not alone. Fortunately it's only a one-time issue.

Reactions: Fly_Ry-DJI
Regarding your setup issues:

1. Not clear what you mean by "missing micro USB chip". Fly More bundles purchased directly from DJI include a free micro SD card but other sellers don't have this promo. The bundles that include a remote also include a micro USB cable.

2. Scanning the barcodes on packaging isn't part of setup. There are QR codes intended for that purpose but they are a waste of time - better off using as alphanumeric passcodes instead.

3. Not sure which insurance you are referring to. Some people get good rates adding to their homeowners policy or as a rider. I strongly recommend DJI Care Refresh - you will appreciate coverage the first time you have significant crash damage - it happens.

4. You definitely want to get that controller paired directly to aircraft asap - it is far superior to connection you get when flying drive using phone alone. Many, many threads on proper setup of you search this forum.

Plenty of folks have issue with setup - you are not alone. Fortunately it's only a one-time issue.

Thank you - Andre! Your comments are helpful to see. I purchased the drone from an authorized dealer and that's probably why I didn't get the card.

I was referencing the DJI Care Refresh.

I will continue to work on getting the controller paired.

Again, thanks for the help and your time on this.

Happy Holidays!

I've done this successfully several times and it was a little fidgety. But this is how I did it (from memory):

1. Turn on Spark and Connect to aircraft's wifi in phone Settings using passcode on arm of AC. Turn off Spark
2. Turn on Remote and connect to RC's wifi using 12341234 as passcode in phone Settings. Turn off RC.
3. Open phone to DJI Go so then turn on Spark and RC. RC should get green light on a few seconds. Press "Go Fly" in app and you should see view of camera.
4. If does work the first time you need to reset both RC and AC to factory settings by holding down power button for 10 seconds. Then repeat above process

This works for me using iPhone. Your mileage may vary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar