Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hey from South Africa

Fluggs

Join
Feb 21, 2018
Hi All

I've just joined this forum, been flying for around 10 years or so started out with Heli's moved on to making my own Quads and Tri's finally moved onto a Phantom 3 and now bought a Spark at the end of last year.

I loved my phantom 3 but lugging it around could be a hassle especially when space was an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: WiLLiE168
Hello from the Mid-West.

I loved my phantome 3 but lugging it around could be a hassle especially when space was an issue.

That's one problem the Spark doesn't have...portibility.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: Dante' Watson
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I hope that I will at least have some useful input for the community.

Welcome.

I am also new to drones and from South Africa.

Would be interested in seeing what range you are getting with your spark here in SA.

Hello Gareth.
Welcome to the Forum :cool:.

Hey Gareth
Prior to installing the FCC DJI GO 4 alternate version my max distance on my spark was a little over 300m this was down at the beach with basically no wifi or cellular interferance hoping for alot beter with the FCC mod. not Looking for Kilometers out to sea but 500-800m would do nicely (nothing to hit if SHF out there)

Hey Gareth
Prior to installing the FCC DJI GO 4 alternate version my max distance on my spark was a little over 300m this was down at the beach with basically no wifi or cellular interferance hoping for alot beter with the FCC mod. not Looking for Kilometers out to sea but 500-800m would do nicely (nothing to hit if SHF out there)
Hi Fluggs,

Was this in SA? Was it in 2.4GHZ or 5GHZ signal?

What mod are you using for FCC? Does this affect the GPS / Return to home functionality at all?

I have the parabolic range booster antennas and still only managed 120m in 2.4GHZ before loosing signal to the RC. This was in a build up area with a power station on my right hand side though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis