Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hiker/Drummer needing help

dstrkt

Join
Dec 25, 2017
Hey all, brand new to the forums so hopefully I'm not re-posting questions but I did search and couldn't find anything so here i go.

I'm a casual hiker and recently started looking into drones as a means of getting some cool images above forests or on mountains and I know this is ideal for drones as I've seen multiple examples on youtube. However I only go out once a month so i was thinking of other uses to justify a purchase.

So this gets me to my question. I'm also a drummer and every few weeks i record a drum cover just for fun. I normally use a camera and tripod but it's pretty static and gets a little boring so i found this video:

I know he is using a proper cameraman but is it possible to automate small side to side movements indoors for a drone? is it dangerous to fly that close to a drum kit? and if not the Spark, is the Mavic or a different drone a better option? I've seen the hover mode but it seems a little too static for what I'm after.

TLDR - Basically I just want to know if the camera movement from the video is possible for a drone without anyone behind the controls. If i could program in a little side to side sway back and forth for a few minutes and still have the camera pointed towards me or whether I'm dreaming.

Thanks in advanced for any advice!

Not indoors. Outdoors, you could use an app called autopilot, but it relies on gps.

yea i was a little worried about that and also how gps is probably only accurate to a few metres so i wouldn't want it crashing into me or anything. Cheers.

Yeah achieving your end goal indoors could be a bit "hairy"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena