Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hobby King sale on Spark batteries $20

James Lummel

Join
Jul 20, 2018
Hobby King sale on Spark batteries in the US warehouse for $20ea, just ordered 2 more for myself (had 2 already). No idea how long it'll last but if you order $50 or more you get free shipping. These normally run $49, so better than 1/2 off!

They also have pluck foam backpacks for $5ea (MultiStar Pick n Pull Foam Backpack), though they would only let me order 3 with the free shipping (great way to get to the free shipping level, BTW). These look good if you wanted to build a custom backpack for your Spark and accessories, and the pluck foam is worth the price alone.

James

PS- before I got my Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 4 Adv I would always crack up laughing at the rush whenever batteries for DJI were on sale. Well the Spark is no different from the P3/P4 and now that I "get it" I wanted to share...

Last edited:
Thanks, James for the info on the batteries I just bought two.

Larger new clip design?
Just ordered today, no idea.

Could be older stock or newer stock. That's one of the "fun" things about ordering from Hobby King, everything is a crap-shoot!! Actually, it's not really THAT bad, they've gotten their act pretty much together over the years...

I use a clip to hold the battery in the Spark, so I'm fine with either one, and you can't beat the price!

James

Hobby King sale on Spark batteries in the US warehouse for $20ea, just ordered 2 more for myself (had 2 already). No idea how long it'll last but if you order $50 or more you get free shipping. These normally run $49, so better than 1/2 off!

They also have pluck foam backpacks for $5ea (MultiStar Pick n Pull Foam Backpack), though they would only let me order 3 with the free shipping (great way to get to the free shipping level, BTW). These look good if you wanted to build a custom backpack for your Spark and accessories, and the pluck foam is worth the price alone.

James

PS- before I got my Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 4 Adv I would always crack up laughing at the rush whenever batteries for DJI were on sale. Well the Spark is no different from the P3/P4 and now that I "get it" I wanted to share...
Thank you for the infoI just ordered 3 batteris for $60 now im good with 6 in total

Two different post's and prices on the same battery?

Screenshot_20181213-082010~2.png

I have 6 batteries now and really don't need them but gee whiz that is a good deal and hard to pass up.:)

Can one of you post a link to the backpack?

I can't seem to find it on the site.

Thanks in advance.:)

Two different post's and prices on the same battery?

View attachment 7883

I have 6 batteries now and really don't need them but gee whiz that is a good deal and hard to pass up.:)
Notice the sku on the $20 battery is different, and a much lower number...Pretty sure these are gonna be old stock with the smaller clips, but at this price it's still a deal...and they have a bunch of other accessories deeply discounted....especially a lot of Phantom stuff! Not much for the Spark actually.

Last edited:
Maybe if we are lucky the batteries will arrive dead, and dji will warranty them with the new style;) Or really lucky and they will be the new style!! Now that would be the deal of a lifetime.

I may try one of the aluminum cases for my mavic pro...They look to be the pluck type

This is the one I saw...there may be others...Read the reviews though, the quality is lacking

MultiStar Pick n Pull Foam Backpack

Yeah, that's one I was referring too. If you plan on wearing it then you may want to reinforce the straps first as this seems to be a common complaint in the reviews. Hard to beat that price though!!

I may try one of the aluminum cases for my mavic pro...They look to be the pluck type

If you look in the file uploads on that product page you can see a pic someone uploaded that shows the foam is pre-cut for the Phantom and isn't the pluck type. It's very similar to one I have for my Phantom 1.1.1, except the one I have is deeper so the props are fully below the lip of the case when you close the lid, so there's enough room to leave them on.

Last edited:
Uh...never mind....tried another time and the order went through. Got 3 batteries for $58. 200 bonus points for signing up for newsletter got me $2 off!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast