Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Home Point Updating..!!!

Got a sample flight log we can review? You can upload one of your TXT flight logs here and post a link back here.

Reactions: DiP
If it happens right when you launch after starting the motors, it is normal.

When I fly my Spark, I turn it ON, let it sit and collect the GPS info and wait for the status bar to go green before starting the motors.

Sometimes you'll hear a Home Point update after it collected the information and then again at launch.

If you use a device that has GPS, I believe you can update your Home Point as you move about with the controller or set it for auto update?.

I have WiFi only so haven't tried it yet myself.

Reactions: DiP
That's good.
I would be concerned if you did I not hear it.

It's good to launch and go up about 25' and hover for a few seconds so the bottom camera can look at the launch site, which will help in a RTH scenario.

Reactions: nilanjan118 and DiP
Every now and again there is no RTH voice from phone. I do it manually in the app and bingo the voice is back

After the motors have started I wait a few seconds, then lift off to a few feet, only then do I get the Home Point updated message. I Never fly off until I get this conformation!!!

If you set the home point before taking off, then ascend to at least 30 feet, when you engage RTH, the Spark will use "Precision Landing." You will even see a message on the Go 4 app and the Spark will move quite dramatically during landing. I use this all the time and I get within just a few inches of where it took off from.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Can anyone tell me how to set the Home Point before taking off?
The home point will be automatically set assuming the Spark is able to connect to enough satellites. Look for the "H" symbol on the map in DJI GO to confirm the home point has been set.

The home point will be automatically set assuming the Spark is able to connect to enough satellites. Look for the "H" symbol on the map in DJI GO to confirm the home point has been set.

Thanks for your prompt response. I thought that the Home Point was something that could be set manually too, before taking off.

I thought that the Home Point was something that could be set manually too, before taking off.
Yes, you can also manually set the home point from the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Home-Point-Settings.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme