Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How do you successfully replace a broken gimbal motor?

Hawkwind

Join
Apr 19, 2018
Loc
AL, USA
I've replaced a broken gimbal motor but now I get these errors:
air encoder error 0x800000
Camera sensor error
Gimbal disconnected
forward vision sensor error 4

Previously the camera worked (video visible on device). Anyone else successfully replaced a gimbal motor?

Apparently once I get everything working again, I'll need to calibrate the gimbal motor with python code.

Why would I have these seemingly unrelated errors? Could the gimbal/camera wiring harness be bad? Why would the forward vision sensor give me an error?

This was a freebie offered to my son by the owner who crashed it to tinker with and not under warranty. So...this one isn't going to a service center.

This was a freebie offered to my son by the owner who crashed it to tinker with and not under warranty. So...this one isn't going to a service center.
Service is not all that bad
$60/hr (usually 1 for a gimbal) and $20 for the Gimbal.

And, Might look into State Farm insuring it $60/ year

Sounds to me like more than just a gimbal motor problem. There's a "Forward Vision Sensor" error that I believe would not be related to the gimbal or the main camera.

Long time coming, but we got the spark working again! After replacing the gimbal motor, we replaced the gimbal & camera wiring which reduced the errors, but still no image. We replaced the camera, did a gimbal calibration and it is working again! No more forward sensor errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe