Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How do you tell when your Spark starts having motor problems?

Farkle

Join
Jan 27, 2018
Hey Guys and Gals,
How do you tell when you have a motor starting to fail?
Thanks,
Farkle

I'm sure the Go4 app may alert you if potential problems arise.

I've gotten a brief warning concerning the maximum rpm's in the past but no other warnings in the two years I've been flying.

The brushless motors will last a long time.

I'll listen to the Spark while hovering for any abnormal noise from the props / motor sometimes.

I'm sure the Go4 app may alert you if potential problems arise.

I've gotten a brief warning concerning the maximum rpm's in the past but no other warnings in the two years I've been flying.

The brushless motors will last a long time.

I'll listen to the Spark while hovering for any abnormal noise from the props / motor sometimes.
I did notice a very subtle higher pitch noise after performing some sport mode figure 8's . I change prop types and the noise was still there. So the GO 4 app will tell me prior before motor failure? Hate to see her spin to the ground.
Thanks, Mike

I glad, in an educational way, that I'm not the only one who has heard this noise. Let's keep our ears open and keep it touch.

Reactions: RotorWash
After a fall of about 20 feet into soft brush (prop guards on, crashed into wire), I got a warning of 'motor blocked' or something similar. I think it was the result of the brush preventing the motor from spinning. It got me worried, but next time I flew the message was gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme