Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

how often and for how long do you fly

I try to fly at least once per day weather permitting.

I take my Spark with me to work and may fly it there or on my way home if something Sparks my interest, like the field of sunflowers I saw when taking a different way home last week .???

I take my Spark with me to work and may fly it there or on my way home if something Sparks my interest, like the field of sunflowers I saw when taking a different way home last week .???
it must be nice to fly in all different places . i live in new york city , staten island . we have only one legal place to fly and when the president goes to one of his golf getaways all through the summer like two weeks ago and last weekend and the next week for ten days we fall into the 30 nautical mile limit and it becomes a NFZ .

I fly usually on weekends. I have 3 batteries and the DJI Portable Charger which makes it 6~7 batteries effectively. But I mostly fly 3~4 batteries on a single day. Summer has been extremely hot this year in Japan and at ambient temperature of 35°C (95°F) I find the battery getting heated up to 55°C (131°F). So I guess that will be a key factor to consider in the coming days.

I fly usually on weekends. I have 3 batteries and the DJI Portable Charger which makes it 6~7 batteries effectively. But I mostly fly 3~4 batteries on a single day. Summer has been extremely hot this year in Japan and at ambient temperature of 35°C (95°F) I find the battery getting heated up to 55°C (131°F). So I guess that will be a key factor to consider in the coming days.

Are you able to charge the portable charger via usb? I cannot get mine to work other than via the mains

I have seen a lot of places I'd like to fly on my way home from work. Any suggestions on how to store your batteries while in work. The car get roasting hot during the day.

I have seen a lot of places I'd like to fly on my way home from work. Any suggestions on how to store your batteries while in work. The car get roasting hot during the day.

I take it with me inside.

Sometimes I'll fly on my lunch break.

Reactions: MVGsparked
I've only had my spark for a couple weeks now, but I try to fly at least 2-3 times a week and on the weekend. I'm an HVAC tech and it's summer so I don't get home till late some days.

A few times a week. Sometimes for just a minute, sometimes all 3 batteries run down.

I've thought to take it to work and fly on the way home, but by 5, I'm pretty beat and need a nap.

2 hours to Thursday Night Live!

Reactions: MVGsparked
it must be nice to fly in all different places . i live in new york city , staten island . we have only one legal place to fly and when the president goes to one of his golf getaways all through the summer like two weeks ago and last weekend and the next week for ten days we fall into the 30 nautical mile limit and it becomes a NFZ .

There are way more places than you think to fly in NYC

Join this group on Facebook
NYC 5 Boroughs Drone Meetups

I'll be wa
A few times a week. Sometimes for just a minute, sometimes all 3 batteries run down.

I've thought to take it to work and fly on the way home, but by 5, I'm pretty beat and need a nap.

watching TNL also

I'll be watching TNL right with ya Tentoes.

Are you able to charge the portable charger via usb? I cannot get mine to work other than via the mains
Do you mean the micro-USB port on the charger? That's given for firmware updates, not for charging.

Purchased a Parrot Mambo so I can at least fly inside and have some fun when the weather is no good for Sparky! (The Mambo is pretty good outside also!!!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502