Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

HOW TO: Calibrate the Spark IMU

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com

Last edited:
when calibrating is it normal for the arms to be resting on the dark gray part and also the motor pods. it sort of leans on the motor pods when position it this way cant get it to stand on just the darker gray part alone. thanks

Reactions: KNAVE
Is it necessary to calib the IMU every time before flying? Even when it's shown as normal?
The compass i calib everytime but i want to know if is necessary calib the IMU...

Is it necessary to calib the IMU every time before flying?
No. You shouldn't have to calibrate the IMU often. It would be a good idea to recalibrate it if you crash and your Spark is not stable.

Reactions: HIDEINA
The IMU don't require calibration every flight, the same also for the compass. This is what DJI indicates in its manual, only if the app ask for it and for the compass. Usually it is matter to move the start position or elevate it to avoid compass calibration message.
Doing calibration need time and must be done with care, in a controlled environment, not in the urgency.

The IMU don't require calibration every flight, the same also for the compass. This is what DJI indicates in its manual, only if the app ask for it and for the compass. Usually it is matter to move the start position or elevate it to avoid compass calibration message.
Doing calibration need time and must be done with care, in a controlled environment, not in the urgency.

I thought the compass should always be calibrated. Thank you for the information!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme