Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to change video frequency and channel?

Peter

Join
Jun 2, 2017
So I lost all video at about 500ft last night on 5.8ghz so I want to try 2.4ghz.

When I start the Spark up, it's set to 5.8 so I click on 2.4 and channel mode changes to 2.4, click apply, come out of that screen and it's still on 5.8.. So I go back, click on 2.4 and then select a channel at which point a warning pops up about restarting wifi (makes sense) so the video screen freezes and goes B&W. The controller maintains a connection to the Spark so I wait for the wifi to come back but the RC has disappeared from the phone and doesn't return. So I restart the controller and the Spark, wifi starts up, everything connects ok but it's still on 5.8ghz.

I am a little confused why changing the RC - Spark video channel requires a reboot of the controller wifi as surely the link is between the RC and Spark not the phone..

What am I doing wrong, please? This is doing my head in as I don't want to fly it and lose video..

Thanks.

So I chatted to DJI support and a couple of things came from the chat. Firstly I was told that there should be an advanced tab on the wifi screen, which I don't have. I wiped Go4 off my Samsung S7 and tablet, reinstalled both and it's still not there. See below. If there's somebody out there who could check theirs for this advanced tab, that would be great. Android and IOS would be good as Android always lagged behind IOS with the Mavic.

Secondly I was asked to recalibrate the IMU and compass to if that brought about any changes. I'll try this later although I find it hard to understand how that would affect anything.

Thanks. :)20170619_033912_resized_1.jpg

Not sure if this is related, but it has been common for DJI to limit the available options in this area based on your smart device region settings, not your actual location determined by GPS, but the region you tell your device you are in.

This is due to regulatory differences on allowed wifi bands and similar so if your region is not 'USA' you may find your options are reduced and that 'advanced' tab could be linked to this.

Thanks Mark. Funnily enough I did suggest this to the CS guy (who I'm almost sure was from their US support team as they seem to cover weekends) but he wasn't aware of any such restriction..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe