Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to Drown Your Spark...

I guess I differ on RTH. I find it very reliable and often just push RTH, sit back and relax while the drone returns. I watch it on the map, coming the right direction but it lands flawlessly every time. The machine is very dependable as long as it has GPS and good compass calibration, which I always check before takeoff. A good altitude on RTH assures no obstacles. They do what they are told if given proper information to do it with.

I also have had no problems with RTH. But... I often worry about taking it too far out and not having enough battery life to come all the way back. How do you set the RTH point at a different %. In screen you can see the yellow blob on the battery power line which indicates the RHT activation point, how do you manually change this? or does it change depending on distance automatically?

I also have had no problems with RTH. But... I often worry about taking it too far out and not having enough battery life to come all the way back. How do you set the RTH point at a different %. In screen you can see the yellow blob on the battery power line which indicates the RHT activation point, how do you manually change this? or does it change depending on distance automatically?
No, you have the option of changing it to any percentage point in the app. Just go to that option listed with RTH height, etc.

No, you have the option of changing it to any percentage point in the app. Just go to that option listed with RTH height, etc.
That percentage you can adjust is the low battery warning...not when RTH initiates automatically. And remember, the auto RTH for battery is based on NO WIND, climbing to RTH altitude, and returning to descend and land.

Two questions. How far away was the drone when the warning occurred? Were you using the RC controller or just a phone?
If you were using the RC, and it was still connected, could you not have flown it home using the sticks, since the AC was obviously a bit confused.

I have never had to use RTH when flying my spark.. it has activated when losing contact once or twice. I was just curious what range the drone was away from you and what the safe fly zone is.

I just had a thought maybe it doesnt make sense, but is it possible than flying over an extented area of water could have messed the Spark calculation?

By mistake once I flew in a bit of fog and the little thing just landed all in a sudden amd almost crashed and was reminded by people from here to avoid flying in fog and over large extend of water. I live in Costa Rica actually and do lots of beach flights and i never go much into the sea area for the same reason

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast