Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How To Flare Off A Tank

Talk about passing gas... ?

I worked with a guy that worked on cross country pressurized gas pipelines that were buried in the ground.

He said that if they had a suspect leak in the line, they would use a steel ball cage with a fire inside that would be drug behind a truck with a chain and it would ignite where the leak is at.

As long as the pipe was pressurized, the risk of blowing up the whole line was minimal.

• Haha
Reactions: Roy Rogers
Nice job Roy. Good to hear JFK's speech again, especially in these times. Quiet the contrast to our current president. Thank you for sharing.

Talk about passing gas... ?

I worked with a guy that worked on cross country pressurized gas pipelines that were buried in the ground.

He said that if they had a suspect leak in the line, they would use a steel ball cage with a fire inside that would be drug behind a truck with a chain and it would ignite where the leak is at.

As long as the pipe was pressurized, the risk of blowing up the whole line was minimal.
I've been in the industry 15 years and its came a long ways in regards to safety . Jurisdictional pipelines must be checked every month . If its along or under a roadway they use a snuffer truck . It has large C.G.I.s mounted on the front and indicates when a combustible gas is present . for non-residential areas without a roadway for the truck to drive on they have to use a bar-probe and a line locator . The bar-probe is about 6' tall and about 3/8" around . Your suppose to drive it into the ground near the pipe and put a hand held sniffer in the hole . This is to be repeated every 10' . As you could imagen this would be a full time job for most all gas companies I always thought a full time job just driving the sniffer truck around would be pretty sweet.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar