Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to make a perfect circle around a building with Spark (like Point of interest mode in mavic)

pierre521

Join
Feb 26, 2018
Hello,
I try to make a perfect circle around a building on my Dji Spark like the POI (point of interest) mode on the MAVIC. Have you got an idea to do this with the spark ?
Thanks
Pierre
Nb : sorry for my bad english i'm french
biggrin.gif

Reactions: Andy S
Here's a YouTuber from TN, USA.

I use a small flag, the type for ATV's or bicycles, that I have attached to a 10 foot piece of 1" PVC pipe that slides over a stake in the ground of a large field.
The flag is high enough and is a good point of interest to practice.
Go slow with the stick movements and you'll gradually get better.

For best results, you should have a spotter to keep an eye on the Spark while you concentrate on the screen to keep the POI centered while working the sticks.

It's impossible to do it otherwise and get a good shot.

Practice, practice, practice. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Have you got a video shot to see that ?
Sure will post it. It was my first attempt. As the next member stated try active track as well. I attempted it with active track but was low on battery. In active track mode, it will continue to orbit until you tell it to stop. With Quick shots it will only orbit once and stop. But remember, it will also begin recording at the same time. So start the process with the video off. I made that mistake, I was recording up until the process started.

Have you got a video shot to see that ?
This is my first attempt just to see, it was very windy that day, so its drifting slightly. Nevertheless, it came out pretty good. Its now just a matter of trying different distances from the POI. I HAVE attempted this manuever manually and got pretty good results but hey this Spark user likes things automated if possible, so I can focus on the camera movements, and let the lil lady take the sticks. Lol This is actually a water tower built as a reserve water source back in the early 1900, by one of the wealthy founders of the city of Tampa. Pretty cool.

I used this guy's tip. Use some cartoon,drill a hole through it and attach it to the left stick. The rest is history. It is a very simple way to "stick" the axis to one value, avoiding that ugly twitchy circling that Spark does automatically in Intelligent Flight mode or done with your finger.

Watch:

I used this guy's tip. Use some cartoon,drill a hole through it and attach it to the left stick. The rest is history. It is a very simple way to "stick" the axis to one value, avoiding that ugly twitchy circling that Spark does automatically in Intelligent Flight mode or done with your finger.

Watch:
Thats a good one, thnx

Now I have an excuse to buy a box of cereal. :p

Thanks for sharing .

This how I did it. Thicker peace of cartoon cut with a scalpel, and attached it through the channel that is visible on the pic.IMG_20180226_204952.jpg

Try and use active track and then make it circle around by using the arrows in your screen.
This is what I've done too; selected Active Track, drag a box on screen around the odject and push the yaw controller stick left or right. You could still move the drone up/down or back/foward. Just be on the look out and be careful with odjects around the craft.

Any video on the results? I’ve yet to experiment with Active Track on a high structure or POV.

I would get one done, see if I can do a screen recording too (I have not done one yet :).

Cool! Thank you. Screen Recorder is a great tool for reviewing one’s flight. I turn off video cache in Go4 when recording my screen. Works better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert