Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to switch between remote and phone

Yowza

Join
Jan 28, 2018
I have the combo with the remote controller, but how I can Fly just using the phone and virtual sticks as I wanted to try this

I have the combo with the remote controller, but how I can Fly just using the phone and virtual sticks as I wanted to try this
This video may help. I will also warn you not to try flying with the virtual sticks indoors

You can link the Spark to your mobile device like this:
  • Power on the Spark
  • Wait until the Spark's rear lights flash yellow
  • Press and hold the Spark power button until you hear 3 beeps
  • Within a few seconds, you should see the Spark's Wi-Fi network appear on the Wi-Fi list on your mobile phone
  • Connect to the Spark's Wi-Fi network on your mobile phone (the Wi-Fi password is inside of the Spark's battery compartment)
  • Open DJI GO 4
When you want to switch back to the remote controller, you'll need to relink the remote controller to the Spark. See the video @aviscomi posted above.

Write down the WiFi password from under the battery compartment before you do all the other stuff
Smart idea! :)

The good news is that your mobile device will remember the Spark's Wi-Fi password after entering it the first time. That makes it easier to switch between the remote controller and mobile device later.

Reactions: Yowza
Just a thought,

1. Write down the WiFi password from under the battery compartment before you do all the other stuff.

2. I wish I'd remember my own advice.

:D

I put a piece of clear tape over my QR sticker in case of the constant battery changes wears it out.

I'll lose the paper later if I wrote it down :rolleyes:.

The good news is that your mobile device will remember the Spark's Wi-Fi password after entering it the first time. That makes it easier to switch between the remote controller and mobile device later.

I was going to argue that and say that mine doesn't - then I remembered that's because I bought a remote and started using a spare identical phone without a SIM card, and I never put the original password into that phone.

Durrrrr o_O:D

Reactions: Yowza
You can link the Spark to your mobile device like this:
  • Power on the Spark
  • Wait until the Spark's rear lights flash yellow
  • Press and hold the Spark power button until you hear 3 beeps
  • Within a few seconds, you should see the Spark's Wi-Fi network appear on the Wi-Fi list on your mobile phone
  • Connect to the Spark's Wi-Fi network on your mobile phone (the Wi-Fi password is inside of the Spark's battery compartment)
  • Open DJI GO 4
When you want to switch back to the remote controller, you'll need to relink the remote controller to the Spark. See the video @aviscomi posted above.
Thank you that is very helpfull information

I put a piece of clear tape over my QR sticker in case of the constant battery changes wears it out.

I'll lose the paper later if I wrote it down :rolleyes:.
Once i connect the phone will always remember the password, but writing it down is a good idea :)

Thats what I thought, I just to be able to try it with my phone or Ipad mini if needed

The sticker on the side of the foam case the spark came in contains the wifi password as well.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks,Guy's ! Your all very helpful,I appreciate all the help!

Bumping this as I've been experimenting with ActiveTrack recently and I have to reset the Spark's WiFi EACH TIME I want to connect with my phone, the reason likely being that I'm in Europe and that the Spark defaults upon booting up to an illegal 5.8Ghz frequency that my phone (an Android) cannot connect to. Resetting WiFi apparently forces 2.4Ghz, at least temporarily.

Hope that helps someone !

Last edited:
Can't hurt but a WiFi reset won't prevent the phone from connecting automatically. The problem is on the Spark's side with a "two bip" switch going to an illegal frequency in Europe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme