Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hypothetical gesture control situation...

Ethanhunt

Join
Mar 5, 2020
I want to gesture palm launch the spark from the ridge of a mountain to active track me walking the ridge (helvellyn in my case). All goes well, it takes off, I wave it away and it starts tracking me along the ridge line. Suddenly it loses me and hovers. I do the "Y" to bring it back, but it ignores me. How do I get it back?
(let's say I don't have the controller) if it is away from the ridge, there's no way I can get close enough to it to "reactivate" the palm landing, so will it just hover until the battery gets low then try and land on a 60 degree cliff face approx 10m away from me?!
Obviously in real situation I'll have my phone / controller. I'm just wondering what action it would take without as I'm new to the spark. I ask this as I will be climbing helvellyn in the summer and would like to use the spark to "quicklaunch" using gesture Control to get a few clips of the ridge walk.
Appreciate any feedback on this.

Tie a string to the Spark for a lifeline. :D

Just kidding.

Here's a video from DJI and Ty mentioned that it's a good idea to have the remote handy for an emergency.

I haven't messed with the gesture controls and your scenario may happen if things don't go right.

Do an experiment with the gesture controls on flat land and see what happens when you ignore the Spark when the battery gets low.

I assume it will "return to home" (your hand) if the battery level gets to that point.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme