Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I got my Spark...then I broke my ankle...

Idealhobbies

Join
Aug 11, 2018
Hello everyone. Yep, the title says it all. I was very excited to buy my new Spark. I formerly flew rc planes and helis, then I had to stop for 5 years while I worked OT to put kids through college. I knew that I wanted to get back into flying, but I am not sure about my planes since they have been sitting for almost 6 years. Anyway, I figured that I would stick my toe in the drone water with the Spark. Came in the mail, got her all set up and got to maiden her with my son. Nice. I did an easy flight to get the feel of her. Was looking forward to flying her again on my next day off. The next day...broke my ankle...really bad...tibia and fibula broken...ankle bone broken...and if it’s tearable, I tore it. So I’m down for a while. Well, she looks really pretty on the shelf! Sucks! I will figure some way out to go out before surgery.

Anyway.... hello from Milford, Delaware!

Hey Ideal,
That sounds very painful. I expect your going to in crutches or a wheelchair for a while. The good news is the spark will fly back into your hand, unlike the RC planes that need to be fetched from the field. So if you find a way to a suitable place you can take off, fly about, land, swap batteries & fly again without the need to move around too much.
Wish you a speedy recovery

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Idealhobbies.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe