Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I "splurged" on a Penivo Filter Kit

What's the fog procedure?

Start to land, drop altitude a little, cancel landing, and start over again?

Seems like you have to be quick on timing for this but if it works, it works :).

If this is what needs to be done to save the Spark from a fog bank rolling in, it may be future software for DJI....Auto fog RTH o_O?

Thanks for the tip.
Happy to help :) and I just manually held down the left stick, it'd switch itself into and out of landing mode beeping the entire time... Ugh, but it slowly floated down out of the fog until it could see the ground, nothing special from what I remember.

Reactions: Dan Dolar
Does anyone have any that are a little cheaper that they used? I have filters for my phantom 3 and I really only used the nd8 and nd 16. Occasionally the nd32 if I'm shooting in full direct sun. All the others just sit there and don't get used.

Does anyone have any that are a little cheaper that they used? I have filters for my phantom 3 and I really only used the nd8 and nd 16. Occasionally the nd32 if I'm shooting in full direct sun. All the others just sit there and don't get used.

I almost pulled the trigger on this item and its ND8 counterpart, but at 15 bucks a piece it made more sense to me to just go ahead and get the 6-filter set I eventually ordered for just 8 dollars more than two of these filters: PGY-Tech Filter Lens for Spark (MRC ND16)

Reactions: mikep2323
Silly cloud photobombing your shot :rolleyes:.

Be cautious when flying in the fog.

There are posts in this Forum about the Spark flying in the fog and it thinks the fog is a solid surface that may rise above or try to land on in mid air.

That must be what happened to me a few weeks ago. Was flying in Northern California which tends to be foggy, and the Spark kept trying to auto land over the water.

Have you tried using the Sphere 360 mode with these filters? A reviewer on Amazon complained about it not possible with these filters on...

Have you tried using the Sphere 360 mode with these filters? A reviewer on Amazon complained about it not possible with these filters on...
Still too foggy out here in Central California for me to do any meaningful tests; I've never done a 360 shot but if it can be done at a height of less than 10 feet then I'll totally try it out today.

You can
Still too foggy out here in Central California for me to do any meaningful tests; I've never done a 360 shot but if it can be done at a height of less than 10 feet then I'll totally try it out today.

You can, after I did outside, I tried one in my Kitchen :)

You can

You can, after I did outside, I tried one in my Kitchen :)
lol!! Okay, I'll test it today when I decide to get out of bed. [emoji12]

Ok, so I did two 360s and a 180, one right after the other, with the UV filter attached. They won't win any artistic awards, but they didn't cause any gimbal overloads either. So in my case these filters totally good to go so far, the last thing I have to test is taking video in Sport Mode.

panorama.jpg

1516050116279.jpg

1516050181999.jpg

These are the same kind/brand I have been using for a couple of months. Seemed to me to be the best solution. I definetely did not want anything clamping on to the Spark gimbal. Seemed to me like a very bad idea even though I was very new to drones. The other option I saw other than the clamps was another brand that wanted me to glue something to the gimbal. Just as unacceptable as the clamping option. Have absolutely no complaints about the end result, both the mecanical part of it, and the photo/video quality. These are the ones I recommend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers