Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

If you're a Mavic owner with a new Spark now.....

netfolks2000

Join
Mar 26, 2018
Loc
Texas
I have been a Mavic owner for some time but was excited to get a new Spark and really like it. Very peppy, like a buzz bee, very stable, great flyer with great features......BUT....... when you get a low battery warning, take it seriously and get close to home as I've noticed that the battery does go down faster than the Mavic battery. Not long after the low battery warning the Spark will want to land WHEREVER IT IS. Today I managed to guide it after it went in to land mode on its own, landing, not RTH. I got it to almost glide back to my home point and land in the original take-off point, BARELY. With my Mavic I always have more time to get home than this so I caution you to treat the Spark low battery warning as a sign to get close to home so if the drone starts landing it will be where you want it to come down. Love the Spark. It has its own nitch in my flights, fun, fast, throw-ups for quick nearby views on my rural property. Do you have a similar comparison?

Reactions: Sparkster
True, but the difference between new and “broken in” is marginal when it comes to duration. It’s power output where they make a difference when broken in...

How many cycles do you have on your battery(s)? Lipos normally have to go through several to reach optimum.

With my Mavic I always have more time to get home than this so I caution you to treat the Spark low battery warning as a sign to get close to home so if the drone starts landing it will be where you want it to come down. Love the Spark. It has its own nitch in my flights, fun, fast, throw-ups for quick nearby views on my rural property. Do you have a similar comparison?

IME the Spark tended to RTH, and I never got the battery so low to have it start auto-landing, maybe you should bring it home earlier or send it less far from you? Being a mavic owner one could tend to send the Spark a bit too far, excpecially if out of CE zones thus having a much longer Wi-Fi range.
That said, i love how the Spark flies indoor: the Mavic requires a lot of light in order to be stable, the Spark needs really very few light and its stability is rock solid. And last but not least, with a Spark in Italy one can fly in urban areas without having to take expensive courses & exams and without enduring lots of hassles :)

Reactions: Andy S
I’m not sure if this applies to your issue. The first thing I noticed after buying my Spark, it does not have the audible low battery warning at 30% like my Mavic. When I went to the battery settings, the warning adjustment is grayed out and unadjustable like the Mavic. I never had to watch the battery on the Mavic until the warning sound, I’ve had to adjust the way I fly because of the Spark, and I am now well aware of battery power percentage at all times.

Planning your flights is much more important for Spark. You have 10 to 12 minutes of videoing, which is usually plenty if you prepare.

Reactions: Haggi
I’m not sure if this applies to your issue. The first thing I noticed after buying my Spark, it does not have the audible low battery warning at 30% like my Mavic. When I went to the battery settings, the warning adjustment is grayed out and unadjustable like the Mavic. I never had to watch the battery on the Mavic until the warning sound, I’ve had to adjust the way I fly because of the Spark, and I am now well aware of battery power percentage at all times.

This is the response from DJI support in regards to no audible low battery warning using a remote controller and and IPad Mini4 after a number of email exchanges as of May 24, 2018:

All the information provided were appreciated. I have forward the issue to our developers or engineering team for them to check and provide feedback for proper resolution of this concern. Please be advised that this might take sometime or few days for them to provide feedback.

We suggest to kindly communicate with us or respond to this email to acquire update about the issue. As for your other question, the Spark aircraft is not supported by OTG cable.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jophet
DJI Technical Support
Website DJI Support - Here for You

always watch your batt voltages even on the mavic pro!!! you never know what might happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef