Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Important update

Problem with update. Updated Spark, RC, and one battery via wifi. Rebooted Spark, worked fine. Insert 2 additional batteries and got this warning, "Cannot take off. (Error code 129). Contact DJI support." Not the usual "inconsistent firmware" when you then update. Any suggestions? Status lights on the Spark are normal (slow blinking green rear, solid red in front). Just won't fire up with either of these 2 batteries.
Experienced the same issue (error code 129). Re-selected DJI Go4 App and Spark in upper left corner. No further problems. As a side note, if you press the three lines in the upper right corner for about 3-5 sec, the version number of controller will appear and also offer the ability to change

I'm having issues updating my 2nd battery. Have tried all the methods in this thread for the people who had similar issues... Nope, still showing me on the status screen, nothing showing up on the splash screen to update my battery firmware. Have tried maybe a bazillion times to no avail.
3982f46e9f46c9bae385f7f47ca08618.jpg
I had 4 batteries to update, the first went fine. On the remaining 3 I had the same issue you have, updating with my iOS device (iphone 7). For me the trick was the following:

1. Make sure the DJI GO 4 app is not running in the background for iOS devices (Push twice on home button and swipe up if running in the background.
2. Power off both the RC and Spark.
3. Install battery to update.
4. Bring up DJI GO 4 App (will not be in a connected state).
5. Power on Spark.
6. Power on RC.
7. Wait for RC and Spark to link up (green light on).
8. Make sure iOS device is connected to RC via WiFi.
9. Go back to GO APP.
8. The GO APP will then prompt you to update FW after it links to RC.
9. Just wait for it to complete.

This worked for me. Other option is to use DJI Assistant.

Reactions: metzalx
Just flew the Spark again this morning after updating the app and it seems that wifi has indeed been more stable... also, the quick shots (only got to try rocket mode) worked well where it actually went the specified distance and came back to it's original position. Still have to test it out with an OTG cable since I mostly fly with this setup... for whatever reason, I feel more secure knowing that it's hard wired to the RC rather than just wifi... here's a quick video of the rocket mode in action....

Thanks guys for the replies! I eventually managed to update it via DJI Assistant as it just wasn't showing up for me via the app no matter what I did :( I am on the latest version of DJI Go 4 on Android

I see DJI has just released an important update, so important that they are disabling your drone in 10 days time if you do not update!

I live in England and received the URGENT update, you also have to update your batteries one at a time. Info given on the firmware update how to do this, If you do not update your spark will be grounded as of 1st September.

Just Upgraded, but cannot get it to connect with the DJO Goggles. Any suggestions? Other than that the Spark seems to just as stable as it was before the upgrade.

Per my earlier post I said I'd let you know if my Spark stopped flying today. I'm still at version 400 and had a great flight this morning. Not grounded, not bricked, sky did not close up around me. DJI put some code in a later update that might have required you to update, or you have to be connected to internet when you power up to get the mandatory update warning. I fly in airplane mode (both Spark and Mavic). I had trouble with disconnects on Mavic so I use OTG cable and put tablet in Airplane mode. No more disconnects.
I learned my lesson with P3P on DJI updates. They did a wonderful job at releasing updates to fix prior bugs, but in the rushed process introduced new bugs. It really does pay to wait. Just look at the folks having trouble with this update. Not to mention the absolute control kick DJI is on right now (they don't give you all the reasons the firmware changed). If it flies OK don't mess with it. I'm not connecting goggles so there aren't really any super duper features being added that I need. My Spark hasn't dropped from the sky, I'll let you know if it does.

I haven't witnessed or read about actual issues with 600 so far... only fixes.

As with any other version... people will never understand it's always a possibility and always think it must absolutely be because of the latest thing they did.

As with any other version... people will never understand it's always a possibility and always think it must absolutely be because of the latest thing they did.
Yes, poor GPS at start, loss of GPS, compass issue ... nothing to do with firmware.

Flyaway, crash, loss of signal, etc., could be caused by lots of things including pilot, absolutely. If you look at DJI's history in just the P3 firmware there are _also_ issues introduced in the firmware. Considering how rapidly the last few updates came out for Spark it wouldn't surprise me that they introduced bugs in their haste. Not absolute, just another root cause for problems. Too many variables to say anything absolute in quadcopter world, without quantification in failure mode analysis or trending problems in total population.

SparkPilots.zone - can't you edit the email chain to eliminate all the useless emails, like the ones earlier in this chain like "is there an update"??

SparkPilots.zone - can't you edit the email chain to eliminate all the useless emails, like the ones earlier in this chain like "is there an update"??
Not sure what you mean.
Selection of email notifications is made in your account, "Preferences" and you can disable "and receive email notifications", there are 4 possible notifications.

.Capture84.PNG
There is also for each thread a watch / unwatch button at the top. Just unwatch the old thread you participated to reduce the amount of notifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef