Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Impossible to Unlock warning area with Android device

Sparkyone

Join
Oct 17, 2017
DJI just informed me that it is impossible to unlock a Yellow warning area with an Android device. You can't even use Advance Unlock because the phone has to be connected to the Spark by WiFi at the same time you are on the internet which is not possible on an Android device. Very disappointing.

Reactions: zolive
Doesn't work. The DJI Go 4 app needs to be connected to the Spark by WiFi and to the internet at the same time.

Not true. I do this all of the time without the Spark being connected. But then, I have an iOS device, so maybe Android is different.

If that's the case...I suggest buying/borrowing an iOS device. ;)

Not true. I do this all of the time without the Spark being connected. But then, I have an iOS device, so maybe Android is different.

If that's the case...I suggest buying/borrowing an iOS device. ;)
That's what they said. You have to use an iOS device.

I use android and unlock the zones i need before i go then when im at the location i dont get any warnings.
Are you sure you are unlocking a Yellow warning area? Typically a one and a half mile radius around a local Airport. If so what is your Android device and what version of Android is it?

I get the warning in the lumber yard I work at because I'm in the flight path of a local airport a couple miles away, as the crow flies. However, I haven't had a problem flying around the lumber yard. I tell the app "no" and check the boxes saying I know that I'm responsible for my flight, and everything works fine. I definitely keep a low altitude so as not to interfere with any aircraft in the area (100ft max).

I get the warning in the lumber yard I work at because I'm in the flight path of a local airport a couple miles away, as the crow flies. However, I haven't had a problem flying around the lumber yard. I tell the app "no" and check the boxes saying I know that I'm responsible for my flight, and everything works fine. I definitely keep a low altitude so as not to interfere with any aircraft in the area (100ft max).
Yes I'm in one of those green warning areas also and you can just check the boxes and go ahead and fly. However, if you get within a mile or so of the airport I think you will find a different story.

I was half expecting an email from the FAA or DJI saying "We saw you were flying in a NFZ... How 'bout you not do that or we'll disable your drone and send you a bill..."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena