Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Indoor flight hit the ceiling

flatside

Join
Mar 19, 2019
Hi everyone.
Since i got the spark 5 days ago i flew only indoor. Today i was tapping on the different controller modes but at the end i left it on Mode 2 as it was before. I tryed callibrating the controller but couldnt finish it and i had to force quit the app so i could continue. First lift off after all this it went more that 1.2 m and kept going up till it hit the ceiling. Didnt respond to the controller or the phone. I grabbed it and tryed to turn off but it wouldnt. In the end i took off his battery. Later it would do the same but this tame it came down after 5 sec hitting the ceiling (prop guards saved it). I unpaired the controller and used my phone. 1st flight no problem. 2nd flight same problem.
Any toughts?
Thanks!

I grabbed it and tryed to turn off but it wouldnt. In the end i took off his battery.

If you have a firm grip on the Spark, flip it upside down.

Anything past 90 degrees ? of tilt will kill the motors.

Be prepared as the Spark will fight you in trying to stay upright as you flip it.

The first time I flew my spark it took off and would only hover. So I trued to do a controller calibration and notice that when I moved the left stick it did not show movement on the display so I carryed it back to Bestbuy and they swapped it. Which corrected the issue. Based on your statement that you couldn’t calibrate you also have a bad controller

I have never tried flying inside with the Spark (have with toy drones however) and last night I almost did, I am so fed up with the lousy weather. But, I think I will keep it to the great outdoors, I dont want to break the Spark or paint the ceiling! :oops:

Reactions: Pearson
Reactions: flatside

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme