Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Inside the Spark

David Almond

Join
May 29, 2017
Loc
Media, PA
I always want to know what is under the hood, sort of speak and went searching on the web. The following is a link to a German site that shows from an early Spark, the inside in a couple of layers. It is at least of interest for a preproduction version.

Top Facts zur neuen DJI SPARK Drohne

Reactions: WPS
Cool photos! Thanks for sharing, though it just makes me want it sooner:)

Interesting the the two bottom sensors are different colors, maybe emitting/reading different frequencies?

Cool photos! Thanks for sharing, though it just makes me want it sooner:)

Interesting the the two bottom sensors are different colors, maybe emitting/reading different frequencies?

Probably angle of reflection but, yes, one transmits a beam and the other detects the reflection from object/ground below drone (like sonar but with light). The camera next to them is there just to try and align the drone for landing based on RTH settings and has no depth detection itself.

Usually receiver sensors are very sensitive and have an IR filter to prevent damage should it be angled toward a bright light source like the sun or spotlight. The transmitter doesn't need such filters since it isn't receiving and the beam it sends out shouldn't be diminished by filters for max efficiency.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme