Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Intelligent Battery update

Ndroner

Join
Nov 15, 2017
My battery a/c charging hub has a micro USB 1512021411768.jpegport which is meant for updating the intelligent batteries.
But its been an month since Id owned this and I have got no notification to update in Go4 nor DJI assistant. Am I missing something here?

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Thanks, I was wondering what that was for. I'd tried connecting to a USB power source thinking maybe the hub could charge one or two batteries via USB power, but it didn't do anything. So I was figuring it was for firmware updating of the sled, but was having difficulty finding any documentation on it.

And yes, all of my batteries updated while in my Spark via the DJI Go app. In fact, it won't let you fly with a battery that's got out-of-date firmware. Had to fight that unexpectedly after swinging by Best Buy on the way to the field to fly - picked up two batteries, and ended up wasting a good half hour unexpectedly getting the firmware on them updated. (it's a slow process, and trying to follow the "instructions" on DJI's pages only makes things take longer until you figure out the correct way to do it) So lesson learned - anytime you get a new battery, plan to have to update the firmware before you can use it. Also plan to charge it a bit. So that battery will require a good 45 minutes or more of "prep time" before its first use. (also keep in mind... the update must occur while installed in your Spark, so not only is the battery down for 45 minutes, about 12 of those your SPARK is also down)

Reactions: Zoran
It seems like everything is available for updates with this drone. I was surprised the battery had updates available when I bought it - but finding out the charging hub can be updated is hilarious. I guess it's not a bad thing though!

finding out the charging hub can be updated is hilarious. I guess it's not a bad thing though!

Upgradeable firmware is a great thing - if you're going to have a microprocessor managing something, it turns a "have to replace the hardware" fix into a "here's a firmware update". I'll take that any day.
(I've even seen computers have firmware updates for their power adapters)

I've even seen computers have firmware updates for their power adapters

I think about the spacecraft that have been launched years ago and a bazillion miles from home, yet, ever so often they receive an update and they just keep on ticking too.

If the battery need updating, GO4 will let you know, but it wont say the battery soecifically. I recently bought two new batteries, went to use them and each time the app said the aircraft needed updating. I knew the spark was at the latest (did via the desktop companion app), so it had to be the batteries. It took 2 minutes, and ready to fly.

Yes the spark´s firmware detects when a battery inserted in the aircraft has an old firmware and when you open dji go4 app, a message prompts telling you that. So you click on update and it makes all the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme