Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iOS and Android for Sports mode

Well I got back last night and took off, enabled intelligent flight mode and all the options were available to me. Definitely not in beginner mode. Switched to sports mode and same message appeared....[emoji17]

I suppose you have uninstalled completely go4, and reinstalled, and you have tried older versions.

Hi, yes I have uninstalled and then reinstalled but as soon as I signed in it I was starlight back to my home page and same settings. I looked at an older version on Google play store but it didn't have the spark as an option. I think my next step will be to ask a friend who has a newer iPhone to get the app and I will see if that works by using his phone. Atleast then I will know it's my phone and not the Spark.

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks Asylum, I would consider using a different phone or tablet and would be happy to just have it specifically for flying but I'm reluctant to do all that when the Samsung Galaxy 7 that I'm using now is on DJIs fully compatible list.
Hi Asset4air, I was just testing the old Note3 as a dedicated screen for the spark controller, no other apps is installed only the DJi app, as I am using iphonex as my personal phone, everything is good so far, will report here if there will be some sort of crashes or hang ups. Cheers!

Reactions: Asset4air
Hi Asset4air, I was just testing the old Note3 as a dedicated screen for the spark controller, no other apps is installed only the DJi app, as I am using iphonex as my personal phone, everything is good so far, will report here if there will be some sort of crashes or hang ups. Cheers!
Thanks Asylum [emoji106]

Reactions: Asylum
I have an iPhone 5s I can test with... I have never used it for the Spark, but I do have the up to date stuff on it... this weekend I will do a short test.
I couldn't get DJI go 4 on the 5s. It said it wasn't compatible. I could however on a '5SE' ?? I'm Android so I'm assuming that's a slightly better model????

Just had a thought. After reading a the advice and info from some of you I have got Litchi. Still working away so not with drone but just had a thought.... Could that solve the sports mode issue???

Since there are people using s7 without issues, why don't you try to use their version of DJI go4 app, for the beginning? By the way, I would ask them the Fw versions they have, for both spark and controller.

Since there are people using s7 without issues, why don't you try to use their version of DJI go4 app, for the beginning? By the way, I would ask them the Fw versions they have, for both spark and controller.
Great shout. I didn't think of that

For some correction, iphone SE is not same generation with iphone 5, the looks maybe same, but it’s same generation with iphone 6s also it released before iphone 7’a launch.

Performance is same with iPhone 6s just lack 3D touch.

Well, managed to fly my spark for the FIRST time in sports mode. Not by changing phones or tablets but by flying using Litchi. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and ideas on this post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers