Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iOS and Android for Sports mode

Asset4air

Join
Sep 16, 2018
Loc
Oxfordshire UK
I've seen a few posts for this in the past. Is anyone having trouble using sports mode when they have either an Android or a iPhone 5 or earlier attached to their controller?

Aside from the issue, I’m quite surprised that you can even use the DJI GO 4 app with an iPhone 5. That model is almost 6 years old. If possible, you might want to consider upgrading the device you use with the Spark. Maybe that will resolve it. Definitely worth a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heikki
Thanks RPL. I'm not using the iPhone 5. I posted because I've seen several queries on different forums about it. The 5 is the oldest generation where you can get DJI GO 4 ( specifically iPhone 5se). The problem is more Android. I use a Galaxy S7 and everything is fine apart from Sport mode. Doesn't matter whether using a cable or WiFi it doesn't go into sports mode. All settings have been checked and having tested with both systems I have found that the screens in DJI are different depending what system you use. You have different options available strangely. I'm not too fussed because it probably delays the amount of time before I crash it but would be great to have all options available.

Thanks RPL. I'm not using the iPhone 5. I posted because I've seen several queries on different forums about it. The 5 is the oldest generation where you can get DJI GO 4 ( specifically iPhone 5se). The problem is more Android. I use a Galaxy S7 and everything is fine apart from Sport mode. Doesn't matter whether using a cable or WiFi it doesn't go into sports mode. All settings have been checked and having tested with both systems I have found that the screens in DJI are different depending what system you use. You have different options available strangely. I'm not too fussed because it probably delays the amount of time before I crash it but would be great to have all options available.
Sport mode works fine on my Samsung S5 (root/LineageOs). Maybe root your phone, back it up, and change the OS to LineageOs to see if that's able to give you better results.

Reactions: Asset4air
Thanks Steve. When connected and I switch to sport mode I get a warning come up in yellow about the Intelligent flight mode or similar. Not with drone right now

I also use the S7 and everything works fine... Maybe try to reconnect the devices, update it, are you in normal mode when getting it in sport?

Yes I haven't tried to reconnect as the WiFi automatically does it. I've tried it several ways, with an OTG cable and without. Always the same result. I will remove WiFi and try to reconnect again. Thank you

Disconnected and reconnected. Same result. When everything is synced and it's good to fly I switch to sport and it comes up saying " Intelligent flight mode is not enabled. Go to Main controller settings" But when I go to the MC settings there is no option there to enable/ disable etc

Disconnected and reconnected. Same result. When everything is synced and it's good to fly I switch to sport and it comes up saying " Intelligent flight mode is not enabled. Go to Main controller settings" But when I go to the MC settings there is no option there to enable/ disable etc
Callibrate the rc maybe? Does the Spark fly well for the rest? :)

I'm not near my drones right now, but I think that the setting for enabling multiple modes, is in advanced settings of the drone icon.

Yes Drone works perfectly apart from Sports mode. And yes the setting is in advanced settings and I have seen what the screen should look like. However in mine there is no drawing of a controller with P and S etc. Just one entry which is for Sensor state. It's like the option has been removed.

Picture paints a thousand words. This is the message that comes up when I switch to sports mode. When I go to advanced settings in MC page, sensor state is the only option I have.20180918_094101.jpg20180918_094129.jpg

A while back I updated the Go4 app and had to reinstate the Intelligent Flight Modes.

Perhaps your Spark is in Beginner Mode preventing the Sport mode switch from working?

September 18, 2018 102809 AM EDT.jpg

Thanks 317, I can and have been using Quick shot and active track with no problems. When I get back I will press that button and see what happens.

Thanks Asylum, I would consider using a different phone or tablet and would be happy to just have it specifically for flying but I'm reluctant to do all that when the Samsung Galaxy 7 that I'm using now is on DJIs fully compatible list.

Reactions: Asylum
I have a Galaxy s7 and did a test flight this evening with no problems with the Sport mode.

I usually fly with a mini4 and thought I would give it a try.

Sure hope a solution can be found for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh