Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iPad does not connect to CONTROLLER

sly

Join
Feb 22, 2018
I have had my Spark/controller for almost 10 months. A worked fine. Due to various reasons I had not used it for about 2 months. Today I got it ready to fly and got the error message - 'Not connected" on the iPad. The controller seemed to have connected to the Spark and had a green light . The iPad just did not connect. After several hours of diddling I connected the controller to the iPad with an OTG cable and solved the issue.
What I don't under stand is that I had never used the OTG cable in the past to fly the Spark. What has caused this issue?
Also I get an error message 'weak transmission signal'
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When not using an OTG cable your iPad and Remote Control should communicate via WiFi.

Your iPad network settings were most likely reset unintentionally by an operating system upgrade. This shouldn't happen but it does. It's pretty easy to reset the RC and re-pair everything like new. I prefer using the OTG cable anyway.

There is also the possibility of RF interference. Bluetooth from a smart watch is a common culprit. Turn off Bluetooth on iPad and smart watch before flights.

The "weak transmission" error when setting Home Point (as RC location) is a known bug waiting for a fix. If it's a different scenario please give more details.

Good Luck

Thanks Andre . I am resetting it now. One possible cause - I remove the batteries from the Spark and store them in a Li-Po sack. Perhaps the Spark requires the battery be on board to maintain memory.

I don't think that spark lost some settings, because of inactivity.

Do you mean, that you couldn't find Spark's WiFi?
Or you got "not connected" message, even if iPad was connected to spark via WiFi?

The battery was removed and stored in a Li-Po bag. Spark did not have any power for may be more than a month. I got the Fly-more combo and it comes paired with the RC. I had to re-connect the controller to the Spark. All seems to be fine now- will test fly the first chance I get.

Spark has no power, even with battery mounted, and turned off.

If 2.4g is best automatic choice, for spark-rc connection, then your device must be connected to RC via 5.8g.
The problem is that some devices, in certain regions, don't support 5.8g, and this way RC seams to disappear.
The only way to override this, is to reset spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis