Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iPad Mount

Nope 2.0

Join
Apr 17, 2018
Loc
Houston Texas
I recently got A iPad gen 5 I have been trying to find a mount to fit it with A Otter Box case I got for it with no luck.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a mount that would fit it?

I recently got A iPad gen 5 I have been trying to find a mount to fit it with A Otter Box case I got for it with no luck.

You might give MAVMOUNT a shot.

Scroll to the CLAMP SIZE tab and select the one with OtterBox.

It might be what you're looking for.

They cost more but are superior to others.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: Paul215
Just a hint:

I use a similar combination (Ipad air with griffin survivor case). After some flights I'm back to my 6" Phone. With the heavy case my "control unit" became really top-heavy. Even with an lanyard it was uncomfortable after some minutes.

Think about it if is not better to fly without the otterbox ?

I can understand how attractive the added protection is when using the Otterbox case on iPad but...
between the added thickness, weight and texture of material I think you will have trouble getting it securely into a mount. And even harder to add a sun shade.

Maybe consider a thinner cover. I take my phone out of the case when I fly for all the same reasons. Works much better and actually more secure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nope 2.0
I know it's just a cheap gel case, but there is still room to spare. I'd be surprised if the Otter case didn't fit. 20190416_190417.jpeg20190416_190351.jpeg20190416_190226.jpeg

Reactions: Paul215
I can understand how attractive the added protection is when using the Otterbox case on iPad but...
between the added thickness, weight and texture of material I think you will have trouble getting it securely into a mount. And even harder to add a sun shade.

Maybe consider a thinner cover. I take my phone out of the case when I fly for all the same reasons. Works much better and actually more secure.
The reason why I have a Otterbox case is to protect it from Scratches and general damage.
The reason why I want to leave it in it's case is because the case is a pain to take off and because Protection.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Just a hint:

I use a similar combination (Ipad air with griffin survivor case). After some flights I'm back to my 6" Phone. With the heavy case my "control unit" became really top-heavy. Even with an lanyard it was uncomfortable after some minutes.

Think about it if is not better to fly without the otterbox ?
I Understand that it would be top heavy but anything that works would be better than my phone right now.
My phone just doesn't work well if at all with my drone at this point.

The reason why I have a Otterbox case is to protect it from Scratches and general damage.
The reason why I want to leave it in it's case is because the case is a pain to take off and because Protection.

Too bad that Otterbox doesn't make a cover for the Spark :p

I’m really liking this one...

I had a bad experience with that particular mount...

The ball joint and nut are plastic. Couldn't handle the weight of the full size iPad. Became loose after 3 months. Cracked after 4. And I was careful not to over-tighten. It blocked view of joysticks and control panel too.

At least the MavMount is all-metal construction. Worth the additional price if you want something to perform reliably and last.

I had a bad experience with that particular mount...

The ball joint and nut are plastic. Couldn't handle the weight of the full size iPad. Became loose after 3 months. Cracked after 4. And I was careful not to over-tighten. It blocked view of joysticks and control panel too.

At least the MavMount is all-metal construction. Worth the additional price if you want something to perform reliably and last.
Okay so after looking at a bunch the Mav mount is what i am going for.
Thanks for all the help.

I ended up building my own too. My iPad has a PIVOT case, and I didn't want to remove it in order to use a off the shelf mount. It's balanced very well and removes easily.IMG_20190222_203245.jpgIMG_20190222_203348.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers