Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Irregular Cooling Fan Noise

Norlake

Join
Nov 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while since I bought my spark but I decided to register. I've been hearing some irregular noises from my Spark's internal cooling fan. It starts around 30 seconds after the spark's fan has started and almost sounds like the fan blades are running into something (sounds like a whine or buzz). The noise is also intermittent in that it comes and goes. I noticed this noise right out of the box (never flown) and since then it has not affected the flight performance of my Spark in any way (its great!). My only fear is that there is some small defect in the cooling fan that will one day lead to failure down the road, well past the warranty period of the drone. I do have the DJI care insurance, but I'd rather get this fixed under warranty if there is actually a problem.

I'm planning on calling DJI support today to ask them, but I figured I would ask you guys incase DJI writes me off as an overly concerned user. Also, my friend has a DJI Spark and I have not noticed his making this noise, nor in any videos I've seen online of the Spark starting up. Lastly, in case anyone asks, I have read every single post about irregular fan noises on this forum and none have been helpful so far.

Here's a video of the sound. Hopefully you are able to hear the slight buzzing that comes and goes amongst the fan's normal noise.

You can hear the noise at around 8 seconds and a few more times after that (i thinks its also happening as soon as the video starts). May need to turn the volume up! Thanks!

Last edited:
Either something wrong with the hardware or something was lodged into the vents and is rumbling around in there.

Just filed an online repair request. Thanks for the input. Let's hope they don't take three weeks or tell me there was nothing wrong with the drone...

I will update you on what happens.

Just filed an online repair request. Thanks for the input. Let's hope they don't take three weeks or tell me there was nothing wrong with the drone...

I will update you on what happens.
I'm having the same issue, how did you go did they repair and how long did it take to get your spark back?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme