Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is it possible to replace the whole camera unit

karl

Join
Dec 23, 2018
So my camera is severely malfunctioning. Is it possible when I send it to dji for repair they can just repair the whole camera unit instead of me just buying another spark

You don't have to buy a new Spark. The repair could be covered by DJI Care or you can pay out of pocket. You just need to start a repair ticket online and send in the aircraft.

To speed up turnaround time DJI will usually just send you a refurbished unit of the same color (easy to swap the shell). You rarely get your original drone back. Your replacement unit will appear new but have different serial number and need to be re-paired with RC.

They will repair your drone and send it to somebody else as a refurb. And such is the circle of life.

You rarely get your original drone back. Your replacement unit will appear new but have different serial number and need to be re-paired with RC.

So will DJI or I have to update my DJI account to show the new serial number? That (sending a different one back) would also make sense as to why I would be able to acquire DJI Care on the one that comes back (even if I did not purchase for the originally damaged one).

Reactions: Andre Levite
So will DJI or I have to update my DJI account to show the new serial number? That (sending a different one back) would also make sense as to why I would be able to acquire DJI Care on the one that comes back (even if I did not purchase for the originally damaged one).

You will activate the replacement drone and then it will be linked to your account.

When they send you notice that replacement drone is on the way they will offer you DJI Care... take it!

When they send you notice that replacement drone is on the way they will offer you DJI Care... take it!
Hello Andre, I have a question on DJI Care Refresh.
I got a brand new Spark as 1st replacement under DJI Care Refresh.
Now does the warranty start from the time of activating this replacement drone or does it count from the activation date of my original drone?

Now does the warranty start from the time of activating this replacement drone or does it count from the activation date of my original drone?
The replacement drone does not start the warranty again. It just continues from original drone.

Chris

Reactions: nilanjan118

You got a replacement -- that does not effect the expiration date of your original DJI Care policy.

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme