Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!
Join
Sep 25, 2017
I need to fly my Spark inside often and some of the places are not well lit, in those dim places the Spark refuses to go above 16 feet no matter what I do. Some of these indoor areas are at least 40-70 feet tall inside and I need to film near the ceiling. Anyone have any tricks to get past this stupid nanny limitation?

I am about to put electrical tape over the downward facing sensor and try that, yeah I know it's not recommended.

You will go into atti mode. The spark will drift , likely to crash if not experienced in this mode.
And likely some interference from metal structures if those are metal frame hangars.

You will go into atti mode. The spark will drift , likely to crash if not experienced in this mode.
And likely some interference from metal structures if those are metal frame hangars.

I have flown in ati mode and yes it does drift but I just take it slow and careful but it seems my only option at this point.
Thanks for replying.

Be careful on the duct tape, the drone will engage landing mode any time you throttle down. I know from experience [emoji6]

Sounds like the OP has plenty of experience with this, but for new indoor flyers: Be aware of the air currents the props generate when they get close to the wall or ceiling -- it can push you away in the opposite direction.

I actually practice flying indoors with very cheap drones.. they are ALL attitude LOL. If you can fly one of those well, you will be able to handle the Spark in atti mode. :)

I wonder if you launch from a ladder if that would help the height restrictions

I wonder if you launch from a ladder if that would help the height restrictions
Actually it acted up again on another explore where I backed out if a 5th floor window and it started screaming about max altitude and then went nuts and stopped responding to my remote. It ended up hitting the building, got down to the lot, found it had cracked a batt and broke props. Installed new batt and props turned on and did ALL checks and calibrations, had 13 sats, took off and at 10 feet it went nuts again going all over then into the woods. Went through it all again(batt, cal, etc) same 13 sats took off and flew flawlessly even under an awning into opti mode. Love it but don't trust it.

Sounds like the OP has plenty of experience with this, but for new indoor flyers: Be aware of the air currents the props generate when they get close to the wall or ceiling -- it can push you away in the opposite direction.

I actually practice flying indoors with very cheap drones.. they are ALL attitude LOL. If you can fly one of those well, you will be able to handle the Spark in atti mode. :)
I actually fly inside a lot on explores, first time it ever did this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef