Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is this a dumb question?

I believe it's the R/C.

I don't see the Spark Wi-Fi on my device (iPad mini4) until the R/C is turned on.

The communication via Wi-Fi is between the device and controller.

Reactions: twickers14
Thanks. That clearly answers my question.
So, to clarify, the controller uses the WiFi to control the spark and the spark must not fly beyond the range of the WiFi. Also, line of sight must be maintained in order not to block the WiFi signal.
mike

Yes.

There are two Wi-Fi bands that run the Spark.

R/C to device and R/C to the Spark.

If you use an OTG cable to connect the R/C to the device, this eliminates one of the signals that may provide a better flight experience.

Which device sends the WiFi signal, the spark or the control unit (RC)?
Depends if using only spark and phone the spark is wifi, this is why range is limited. Using the controller and phone the wifi comes from controller to phone and the signal is RC from controller to Spark giving more range.

but how is it with that, what spark is transmitting about his position? i mean that "tracking/identification" info?

but how is it with that, what spark is transmitting about his position? i mean that "tracking/identification" info?
The wifi communication is two-way, so the phone - RC - Aircraft route described above is also reversed. The point is that if an RC is used, there's no direct communication between the phone and the aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme