Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Issue with frequency changes 5.8 to 2.4 ghz Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime

AlphaFoxtrotNW

Join
Apr 10, 2018
Hey,

So this seems to be an issue that is common but I have an issue with changing the wifi frequency from 5.8 GHz to 2.4 GHz. I have posted on DJI's forums about this issue but haven't got a response. The following are specs as far as phone used, firmware, and methods tried:

Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime (T-Mobile)
Wifi ON
Airplane Mode ON
Android Version 7.0
Kernel Version 3.18.14-12570667

DJI Go 4 app version 4.2.8
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.900
RC Firmware: 01.00.400
No OTG cable in use at this time.

Generally, the max distance I can get so far on my drone is about 1500 ft, using the 5.8 GHz. After that, image cuts out and the RC remains connected. I have tried reupdating both the Aircraft and RC firmware, resyncing the RC to the Aircraft, uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app, and connecting to the drone via the mobile device. The direct connection from phone to Aircraft was successfully able to connect via 2.4 GHz and provided information regarding the channels levels of interference, whereas the phone to RC to Aircraft does not.

In general, my drone is still very capable of using all of its functionalities, however, I feel its important that I am able to not only manually select a proper frequency in case the app is unable to but also increase range, improve general connection and reduce latency as much as humanly possible. If there is any further information needed, feel free to ask and I hope that there is a solution to this issue.

Thanks,
Alpha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast