Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

go 4 showing disconnected after connecting to wifi

sparkmt

Join
Jan 24, 2021
Hi all, I am new to this site, i searched all the threads i thought to be associated with my problem but did not come across my issue.
I usually use otg cable with my spark controller and all works fine with both my phone and tablet.

on occasion i just connect wifi to the rc controller.
I have a older ipad running ios 12.4 connection works fine via wifi to the controller , but when i connect my iphone running ios 14.3 i get it connected to the rc controller wifi in settings but when i run the go 4 app it still shows disconnected on the screen .
Any thoughts from anyone. i have done resets of spark wifi, drone controller etc to no aval. already running latest version of go 4 app. i am leaning to the issues being apples current ios version and something with the connection because prior with older phone it connected all the time without a hitch.

I'll let the iPhone pilots come in here, but I'll guess the DJI app isn't compatible with your newest iOS version.

ok, thanks.... yeahhh… I was thinking it had something to do with the settings for wifi or updates in ios but odd it works perfect with physical connection.

Is there any joy if you try enabling airplane mode first, then re-enable wifi and connect to the RC? Preferably after a fresh restart of the phone.

no such luck, i had done a few fresh restarts as well, have had it in airplane mode and also without. same results it connects to the RC's wifi but upon entering go 4 app shows disconnected. i take it you use a ipad mini 4 with spark and no problems. i am guessing you are running the ios 14 at least? if that is the case something else must be goin on i was starting to blame it on the ios version

once got the same problem . As I recall but I‘m not certain after a reset of the remote controll and something with password 1234 I got connection again with both wifi and otg

Ok thank you will reach out to him

Thanks for waking me from my hibernation. ?

I just did a test with my mini4 that is currently running 14.0.1 and all is well with the Go4 app 4.3.41.

There is an upgrade for the mini to 14.3, but I haven't updated yet because of your post.

Usually I would just update and be done with it but there may be a conflict with the Go4 app and ios14.3 ??

I looked around on the net and found this post in the DJI Forum dated January 7, 2021 concerning the Go4, the iPhone 12 and the Mavic Air.

Aw the heck with it, I'm going to bite the bullet and update my mini4 to the newest version 14.3 and see what happens. ?

Fingers crossed. ?:)

Sure , thanks for giving your input .
Yeah it is very odd , my old mini is maxed out at iOS 12.4 but iPhone 11 is on 14.3 although I noticed when I updated my old iPhone to 13 and it stop working . I can not make sense if it . In the. Past I never paid attention either updates were fine . Now it Connects to the wifi of the controller but go 4 acts like not connected .

The mini finally installed the update and it seems to be working with the current Go4 app.

I turned the Wi-Fi ON the mini4, turned on the Remote and waited for the Spark Wi-Fi to show up and then connect.

I then turned on the Spark and waited for it to connect to the remote (green light).

I opened up the Go4 app and it did it's thing about checking the firmware and then GoFly.

It's too cold for a test flight but the camera is working and I can spin up the props.

Reactions: RotorWash
no such luck, i had done a few fresh restarts as well, have had it in airplane mode and also without. same results it connects to the RC's wifi but upon entering go 4 app shows disconnected. i take it you use a ipad mini 4 with spark and no problems. i am guessing you are running the ios 14 at least? if that is the case something else must be goin on i was starting to blame it on the ios version
Still have my iPad sitting on 13.6, been putting off 14.3 but I always use a cable connection to the RC anyway. Apparently there's been a number of wifi issues with iOS 14 as noted over on the Apple Developer Forums. Your issue could be related to some setting that was changed automatically after updating. A couple of suggestions I've read are; 1) disabling the ‘Private WiFi Address’ function and 2) turning on Low Data Mode. Might be worth a try if you haven't already. Have you tried reinstalling GO4? You mentioned running the latest version but may also be worth trying an uninstall/reinstall as well. I see Spark317's upgrade went well so that's promising. ?

Last edited:
The mini finally installed the update and it seems to be working with the current Go4 app.

I turned the Wi-Fi ON the mini4, turned on the Remote and waited for the Spark Wi-Fi to show up and then connect.

I then turned on the Spark and waited for it to connect to the remote (green light).

I opened up the Go4 app and it did it's thing about checking the firmware and then GoFly.

It's too cold for a test flight but the camera is working and I can spin up the props.

well that is great , there is hope yet, yours working eliminates my thoughts that it is ios issues. I will have do dig deeper.

Still have my iPad sitting on 13.6, been putting off 14.3 but I always use a cable connection to the RC anyway. Apparently there's been a number of wifi issues with iOS 14 as noted over on the Apple Developer Forums. Your issue could be related to some setting that was changed automatically after updating. A couple of suggestions I've read are; 1) disabling the ‘Private WiFi Address’ function and 2) turning on Low Data Mode. Might be worth a try if you haven't already. Have you tried reinstalling GO4? You mentioned running the latest version but may also be worth trying an uninstall/reinstall as well. I see Spark317's upgrade went well so that's promising. ?
That is exactly what i was thinking too Rotorwash. ( settings that were automatically changed upon update. I had a weird inclination that maybe something to do with security, i know iphone made some changes as to what they feel is secure when you connect to a open network and if it does not meet what it likes it is hesitant to do so. i have experienced that already just connecting to public ones.. but yeah, i have already messed with every possible variant in the wifi settings for the connections like that ones you mentioned and proxy. Thanks for all the ideas though. I have not yet done a full reinstall. it does not hurt to give that a whirl. indeed hearing about spark317's outcome was a good sign..

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov