Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Italy

marcoresearcho

Join
Sep 12, 2019
Hi to all,
I am a new Spark owner and I am travelling to Southern Italy at the Weekend with my latest obsession
Does anyone have any tips on do's and don'ts whilst there?
Many thanks,
marco.

Welcome to the forum Marco! I wish I had experience with Italy to tell you about but thought this page might help you a bit.
Drone regulations in Italy. Sorry for the redundancy if you're Italian and from another part of the country. Hopefully others here will be able to help you more with good locations and such.

Thankyou for your reply RotorWash. I have read the article in the link and i guess if I use some common sense whilst away i should have some fun with Sparkle.
If i get anything decent I will post it on here.
Thanks again.
marco.

Reactions: Haggi
A word of caution on Southern Italy. Be mega careful around the Naples area. This is a scum bucket crime ridden city and EXTREMELY dangerous. The whole bay area is beautiful trust me but I cannot stress enough your need for security and caution in the city of Naples. The entire South is in the hands of a re-branded mafia Camora and murder rates with illegals is staggering . CAUTION !!!!!!!!!

A word of caution on Southern Italy. Be mega careful around the Naples area. This is a scum bucket crime ridden city and EXTREMELY dangerous. The whole bay area is beautiful trust me but I cannot stress enough your need for security and caution in the city of Naples. The entire South is in the hands of a re-branded mafia Camora and murder rates with illegals is staggering . CAUTION !!!!!!!!!

That's a bit of an exaggeration. There is crime in Naples as elsewhere, but it's not as bad as you make it out. And southern Italy is as safe as the rest of Europe. You don't get shootings American-Style

Familiarize yourself with their drone laws and make sure you follow all rules. I know Italy isn't as strict as Iran, but there is actually an Australian couple in jail in Iran for flying their drone.

Most touristy spots are off limits, but I'm sure Southern Italy will provide many aerial photography opportunities. So get some great footage, just be sure to be safe!

I rather liked the street-level footage in addition to the aerial stuff. I began to wonder if there was a curfew or mass alien abduction when I saw only one vehicle in motion and few pedestrians. When I went back and read your OP, I noticed you said it was sunrise, which would explain it. I presume there's more activity at sunset after the population has been awake awhile. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: TerenceM
Indeed, Alberobello is a major tourist site. I was there at sunrise but by 9am onwards its packed with coach-loads of tourists.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme