Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Joystick-like controller

Florida Drone Supply

Join
Jul 3, 2017
Here's a follow up video that YouTuber Ken Heron has made and the control was too twitchy making the flight a little erratic.

He didn't like it.

Others have had better luck with them, but Ken tried two of them with the same results. I put some stock in what Ken says.
Fair enough. It's definitely a cool concept, I can see it being a smoother transition into the drone-flying world for airplane/helicopter pilots, or video game aficionados.

It's no coincidence that the military has incorporated control interfaces on a lot of new equipment that is based on video game controllers like the PS series and Xbox. A whole generation is very familiar with it. Just Google "military equipment uses game controller" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Traditional RC fliers and us older dogs don't seem to have much of a problem with the 2-stick controllers. So many game controllers seemed to lack the proportional control needed for precision input.

Traditional RC fliers and us older dogs don't seem to have much of a problem with the 2-stick controllers. So many game controllers seemed to lack the proportional control needed for precision input.
Great point! It also depends on what purpose you're flying the drone for. If it's for fun, this may be acceptable, but something where you need precision, it doesn't seem like this would cut it right now. Maybe once they're a few generations in and work out the glitches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex