Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

just found a great use for a drone!!! -Now with Video of the Highest Cliffs on the East Coast of the U.K.

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
I was out today and got stuck in a predicament... I wanted to film at the highest cliffs in the East of the U.K. but nearest access roads were almost useless to get close enough to find a spot to film....

so... I put the drone up and flew across the fields between me and the coastline/cliffs ... voila! I was able to pinpoint the prime filming spot and not have to trek across fields to the cliff edge.
Using a drone to find a location is my new best idea I've had this year!!! :))) Obvious really...
( film link lower down this thread )

Last edited:

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
You always get the most out of old Sparky. 👍

Cheers Dragonfly Joe! I feel on top of the world after today's flight , pun intended ;)
Viewing the video footage I realised that owning a drone had allowed me to visit a site that was otherwise out of my range for walking etc....
I seriously believe that drones should be marketed as a way to allow people to see areas/locations that they might never get to see otherwise.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Thanks for sharing the view Brian! Much enjoyed seeing this area of England. I like the stone wall dividers in the fields, I wonder how long ago they were put into place.

Reactions: BrianP

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for sharing the view Brian! Much enjoyed seeing this area of England. I like the stone wall dividers in the fields, I wonder how long ago they were put into place.
cheers RotorWash!
dry stone walling (no mortar) is very common around the U.K. and is longstanding.
A dying art no doubt as it is hard work and people don't want to do anything that takes a while to master...

Reactions: RotorWash

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Amazing! That job is the epitome of hard work. lol, we have young whippersnappers around here that think lifting coffee cups at Tim Horton's is hard work... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BrianP

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
Amazing! That job is the epitome of hard work. lol, we have young whippersnappers around here that think lifting coffee cups at Tim Horton's is hard work... 🤣
yep, and if asked to carry more than two cups at a time lots will struggle :)))

• Haha
Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alltwensev