Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just Joined this forum from Ohio, USA

Nirav S

Join
Feb 20, 2018
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just joined this forum hoping to learn how to fly Spark and take aerial videography. I haven't yet purchased my Spark still debating if I should, will I be able to fly with all the restrictions.
I reside in Columbus and want to know where can I start to make a wise decision, and where can I find good places to fly so I can learn how to fly and practice.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: clackey
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland neighbor and welcome to the Forum :cool:.

I use these two Apps available in the app stores before flying.

Screenshot_20171211-181636.jpg

Airmap will show your area of flight and warn you of No Fly Zones, TFR's, etc.

UAV forecast has maps as well but has weather, solar activity, and satellite count that may help.
Even a bright sunny day could be bad if there's a lot of solar activity which may affect satellites and the stability if the Spark.

Fly Safe.:)

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland neighbor and welcome to the Forum :cool:.

I use these two Apps available in the app stores before flying.

View attachment 3623

Airmap will show your area of flight and warn you of No Fly Zones, TFR's, etc.

UAV forecast has maps as well but has weather, solar activity, and satellite count that may help.
Even a bright sunny day could be bad if there's a lot of solar activity which may affect satellites and the stability if the Spark.

Fly Safe.:)

Thanks a lot! Any suggestion on good places for practice?

Thanks a lot! Any suggestion on good places for practice?

If a park or school with accessable sport fields are available on a Sunday with limited people around is usually peaceful enough to concentrate on practicing.

The Spark comes with a flight simulator that can be useful as a training tool when the weather isn't cooperating.

You can practice reading your telemetry if you lose visual sight of the Spark and have to rely on the "gauges" to fly blind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johny parker