Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just sayin....

mtbkrdrone

Join
Oct 4, 2017
So, I have flying my little mtbkrdrone since September on my iPad mini with latest updates to both iPad and Spark. I have flown 95% of the time using OTG cable. While in the hot tub this AM, the cloud movement was just awesome and I thought it would make for a great try at a time lapse shot. I go in, get all hardware ready and low and behold no FN charge on the iPad. Well, no worries, I have the DJI Go4 app loaded on my Samsung S8, though I have never flown with anything android based.
I debated for about 10 min. and then said what the heck lets go. Didn't use OTG cable as too many horror stories. Got connected inside the house, had 12 sats on GPS and headed outside......while walking out I hear a beep, look down at screen to see Disconnected across the top......then maybe three sec. later it comes back on. I keep going outside, launch, go to about two hundred foot and start recording. Within five min. I get another disconnected message across the top and loose all video. As soon as it did, I began descending as I know that the RC is still connected to the little guy. Well, again, about five sec. or so, it comes back with GPS sig. and vid, and I could see that it was descending. I got it landed and that will be the last time I EVER fly with anything android. Disaster averted.

Reactions: jjpacres
So, I have flying my little mtbkrdrone since September on my iPad mini with latest updates to both iPad and Spark. I have flown 95% of the time using OTG cable. While in the hot tub this AM, the cloud movement was just awesome and I thought it would make for a great try at a time lapse shot. I go in, get all hardware ready and low and behold no FN charge on the iPad. Well, no worries, I have the DJI Go4 app loaded on my Samsung S8, though I have never flown with anything android based.
I debated for about 10 min. and then said what the heck lets go. Didn't use OTG cable as too many horror stories. Got connected inside the house, had 12 sats on GPS and headed outside......while walking out I hear a beep, look down at screen to see Disconnected across the top......then maybe three sec. later it comes back on. I keep going outside, launch, go to about two hundred foot and start recording. Within five min. I get another disconnected message across the top and loose all video. As soon as it did, I began descending as I know that the RC is still connected to the little guy. Well, again, about five sec. or so, it comes back with GPS sig. and vid, and I could see that it was descending. I got it landed and that will be the last time I EVER fly with anything android. Disaster averted.

My advice -- don't connect inside when you are going to fly outside, no matter what device you are using. Turn everything on and connect AFTER you get to your intended launch location.

I am curious, was the ipad connected to the remote when you found it discharged?....

I am in the exact same boat. This literally happens to me every time I fly. I am using a galaxy S7 with the rc controller and I lose connection constantly. I've literally tried everything (airplane mode, new controller, new spark, calibrations, etc.) and nothing has worked. I have flown in over a dozen different remote locations with clear line of site and it's always the same outcome. I've come to the conclusion that it has to be an issue with the phone. Occasionally I will get an uninterrupted flight but they are few and far between.

Reactions: mtbkrdrone
Me too, I'm andriod [emoji111] but I just simply gave up trying very quickly and for Spark I use IOS.

I use galaxy s8 with spark. Can get to 120m height and over 200m distance no problem (haven't tried further yet). Always use airplane mode and remove my smartwatch.

Reactions: VIRACO
Have been flying with android sansung galaxy s7 edge, no otg, wifi only and RC. Never had any issue. Always connect outside! I have been to 500 meter up and 350 meter away on wifi only. I have 123 flight time so I can confirm that I have not had any major issue.

Used to fly with Android, Galaxy S6 and had many issues. Now fly with IOS, Ipad Air 2, OTG and have trouble free flying up to 600 meters.. :)

I use a Oneplus 5T and my connection cuts out and reconnects in the air.
I use WiFi in airplane mode with RC. I've taken my spark up to about 130m and around 250m distance.
It is really annoying that connection is not stable with WiFi, and I am very reluctant to push the spark to anywhere near its capabilities because of it

Me too, I'm andriod [emoji111] but I just simply gave up trying very quickly and for Spark I use IOS.

I also switched over to Android a few years ago, and as happen chance, when my wife purchased the iPhone AT&T was offering an iPad mini with data for $50. I bought it for the sole intent of using it as my tablet for the Drone I didn't even own yet......

I always use OTG cables when flying my Spark.
Have tried WiFi using my Galaxy tab 3 in the past and always has disconnecting problems.
OTG cable, not a single problem.

I also switched over to Android a few years ago, and as happen chance, when my wife purchased the iPhone AT&T was offering an iPad mini with data for $50. I bought it for the sole intent of using it as my tablet for the Drone I didn't even own yet......
Good deal wow! Even if no drone, I would have gotten it too.

I use galaxy s8 with spark. Can get to 120m height and over 200m distance no problem (haven't tried further yet). Always use airplane mode and remove my smartwatch.

Same here. S8 and Spark, no issues at all so far in about 8 months. I have flown indoors also without trouble. Can't get OTG to work though. Airplane mode and location on.

Have been flying with android sansung galaxy s7 edge, no otg, wifi only and RC. Never had any issue. Always connect outside! I have been to 500 meter up and 350 meter away on wifi only. I have 123 flight time so I can confirm that I have not had any major issue.
I always use OTG cables when flying my Spark.
Have tried WiFi using my Galaxy tab 3 in the past and always has disconnecting problems.
OTG cable, not a single problem.

Just sayin....

Hi all, is anyone from the UK able to use an otg cable set up (with ipad/iPhone) to fly their spark?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy