Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just tried sport mode for the first time... HOLY !@#$!!

My mistake - I canceled the first warning Once the second warning was displayed the AC returned as programmed & ignored the RC commands?

[QUO)TE="Adrianvert, post: 35380, member: 7459"]That's because it was executing RTH and will just do it's set path. You have to cancel it if you want to regain control.[/QUOTE]
That's because it was executing RTH and will just do it's set path. You have to cancel it if you want to regain control.

I really wasn't expecting Sports mode to be that much fun. It gave a sense of what FPV drone flyer like about their toys :) I was a bit more careless. Running Sports mode on my third flight, went crazy, did a crash into a bush. Since the Spark took no damage it was great fun.

Used sport mode myself for the fist time yesterday. Holy smokes 30+mph speeds. A little crazy. Put it back into reg mode and will experiment more with sport when I'm in a more open space.

It’s also called crash mode [emoji18]

Every. Single. Time. I even managed to hit an isolated 6ft laundry pole at full speed in a huge garden. I would never have managed it intentionally. Still, the Spark is a sturdy beast - just span a few times and stabilised, no damage. Something about sport mode makes all sense go out the window. And braking range is a lot further than it looks!

Take the thrill one step more and get some VR goggles for 20 bucks, load Drone VR or Litchi on your phone and fly with the phone mounted in the goggles for an ultimate FPV experience in Sport mode. Thats fun!

My first crash came in Sport mode. It was dusk and I lost sight of the AC even though it wasnt far away. Lost track of the orientation (didn't check the display map) and backed into a pine tree. Tough little bird--only damaged two props.

Yeah, it's not even the top speed, it's so small it accelerates really fast and it looks even faster than it is. Super helpful if you're filming something a little ways away and you're concerned about battery life, put it in sports mode, put it up high enough for any possible obstacle, zip on out, do your work in normal mode, point it home, zip on back. Just remember it doesn't seem to brake as well as it accelerates because it sure takes a long time to come to a stop.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
I have tested the Sports mode in an 'open' area. Too fast - it needs a football field between max speed & brakes. No good in town unless flying high.

Just be careful,i had so many near miss with tree and building cause of the distance braking in sport mode is long[emoji16]

Hi
Are there any connections between sport mode and fly aways.

I almost lost my drone first time in sport mode. Anyone have the same experience?

Hi
Are there any connections between sport mode and fly aways.

I almost lost my drone first time in sport mode. Anyone have the same experience?

I could see sport mode being a contributing factor. Someone flying too fast zips behind some trees or obstructions that they may not have intended which causes a disconnect then combined with failing to set a proper RTH point as liftoff or a compass issue, the drone heads off to neverland.

I personally fear that sport mode being "fun" is probably where a lot of less careful and possibly straight up irresponsible flight happens, which is just an invitation for things to go wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh