Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Keep the foam box? Yay or nay?

Adrianvert

Join
Feb 13, 2018
Hey there! I bought the flymore combo while on my travels and I'm finding carrying the bag AND the box a little cumbersome! So I kind of want to ditch the foam box. Anyone advise against this for any reason? Or most people never use it? Thoughts please! [emoji16]

Why not just put everything you need in the bag?

Reactions: Vilco
I put both the foam box and FlyMore bag in a rucksack. The foam box protects the Spark pretty well so I figured why get rid?
Well it's pretty big and I'm trying to trim down my load as I'm backpacking. Still thi k it's worth keeping?

Hey there! I bought the flymore combo while on my travels and I'm finding carrying the bag AND the box a little cumbersome! So I kind of want to ditch the foam box. Anyone advise against this for any reason? Or most people never use it? Thoughts please! [emoji16]
Keep the foam box in case you need to return it to DJI for whatever reason. Otherwise, the combo bag works just fine without it.

Yes for sure keep it and use it. Although I do have a solid case I'd rather stick the foam box in a bag it's easier

I guess the question is more is it unwise to get rid of it as I don't really have room for it anymore. Of course I'd keep it if I had the spare space.

I use my foam box in my camera bag. As a photographer always searching for the perfect bag (yeah, the holy grail!). I grabbed a small Lowepro back back that I wasn't using, and made it my carry bag.
I put the Spark, (with battery attached) two batteries and extra props in the foam box and it goes in the bottom with a divider over it. The remote with OTG cable goes in the left over inside space and filters, ear buds, prop guards on top. USB cable, flight log book and pen, cleaning cloths in zipper pockets along with FAA card and printout of city ordinance (in case a LEO doesn't know it's OK to fly in city park.) There's a zipper compartment on front of cover that I carry my ipad Mini, the battery charger and a power pack w/ cable. The bag itself is not huge but carries everything I need.
sparkbag.jpg sparkbag2.jpg
The back pack is 15 years old and works fine for me.

YMMV.

I still keep my foam box. Ist much saver to bring spark in it. Beside im using car to move from one place to another.
Or if i go travel to a long distance place, i''ll keep using the box.
I use the bag if the distance is pretty close from home. Stil nor 100% feel secure with the bag.

Reactions: Andy S
I have a backpack to. There I got the spark in the original foam box. The rest like the controller, adapter for charging I put nice in the fly more bag. I like it that way.

Interesting replies i expected more people to do away with the box and the Flymore bag seems pretty sturdy to me when its fully packed. I'll try and hang on to the box as long as i can i think!

Ditch the bag. Batteries are alot hardier than replacing the gimbal while you're travelling

Sent from my SM-G950U using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Yea that's great if you have the room. You probably haven't don't much international traveling, if you did you would know how much saving space is important.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
Ive been backpacking for 3 years now :) and the flymore bag is as small as the foam box but it fits more inside so a better space saver in my pack. Im just carrying around the empty foam box at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast