Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another bag review.

suprPHREAK

Join
Aug 1, 2017
Hi all, thought I would share the bag I got. Available from AliExpress.

At the time I bought it, the price was $20USD, which made it pretty cheap. Shipping was pretty fast, around a week. The material is a pretty thin nylon, not sure it will hold up to much abuse, but I am sure it is water resistant for a rainy day. I accidentally cut a corner of it when unpacking, and while the outside is cloth textured, the inside is clearly a plastic. That being said, I don't tend to abuse my drones, even in the bag. There are plenty of pockets as you can see in the link (look at the link to see the usual product shots). The handle on this bag is metal, and doesn't feel like it will fall off. Being metal, it doesn't squish out of the way, but it will fold over. There is a shoulder strap built in, but it cannot be detached, which is too bad.

Size: This bag is slightly taller and wider than the FlyMore bag, but it is thinner. It is by no means "big", nor awkward to carry. If desired, it can still fit in a backpack with room to spare. (ps: why don't more bag reviews do this comparison??)
DSC_0186_800x451.JPG

Capacity: It holds EVERYTHING in the FlyMore combo, including prop guards, as well as some accessories I have. Comfortably, too. Nothing needs to be forced, nothing needs to be creatively packaged, and it all zips shut in the end without having to struggle with a tight zip.
DSC_0184_800x451.JPG

Protection: I like that this case allows you to set the Spark fully below the level of the foam. In my opinion, that offers the best protection. There is still padding below it, and it also came with a spacer that you can have the Spark sitting higher if you like. Similar spacers are under the battery and remote slots, too.
DSC_0187_800x451.JPG

Packing: As you can see in the above pic, there is room for 2 spare batteries, plus one on the Spark. The large rectangle slot is plenty enough for the charger brick with its cord tucked under. The slot to the left of it perfectly fits my parabolic range extender, but could also be used for an additional battery, or other cables. Myself, I put the USB cable, OTG cable, and charger wall wire in the interior pocket. There is another slot that fits 2 packs of spare props. The exterior pocket fits the prop guards, landing legs, and the battery charger pad.
DSC_0188_800x451.JPG DSC_0189_338x600.JPG

There is a back pocket as well, which I use for my landing pad if I am bringing it. That is the only awkward item, because it is basically a neoprene mouse pad which doesn't fold well.

Summary: While a slightly larger bag than the FlyMore combo bag, it holds more, more neatly and protects better. The exterior materials do not appear as durable as others, but it should have no issues for normal use. If you are just taking the drone and don't plan to recharge, the FLyMore is more compact, but for long days of flying/charging/flying more, this is a good option.

PRO:
-Cheap
-Lots of room
-Good protection
-Easier access than FlyMore bag.

CON:
-Exterior not as durable as it could be
-slightly bigger than FlyMore
-Shoulder strap doesn't detach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics