Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Kittyhawk's idea

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
You may already be familiar with Kittyhawk from there role in trying to make the FAA's B4UFLY app more useful. They are one of the entities likely to operate as a USS under the FAA's proposals for remote ID, so they have a stake in how the NPRM is implemented.

I ran across this article in TechCrunch and found it interesting. I don't agree with everything that's said, particularly those things justifying the creation of USSs in general, but they do have a few points worth pondering. I appreciate the fact that they believe the what the FAA has proposed is too broad, unnecessarily complex, prohibitively expensive and needs to be broken down into a tiered system. I like that they emphasize the NPRM requires too much data based on the supposed potential for wrong doing. This is another piece of the information puzzle that can be used for FAA NPRM comment before it closes after March 2nd.

Also, DJI posted Commenting Tips for the NPRM a few days ago that are worth considering.

Last edited:
You may already be familiar with Kittyhawk from there role in trying to make the FAA's B4UFLY app more useful. They are one of the entities likely to operate as a USS under the FAA's proposals for remote ID, so they have a stake in how the NPRM is implemented.

I ran across this article in TechCrunch and found it interesting. I don't agree with everything that's said, particularly those things justifying the creation of USSs in general, but they do have a few points worth pondering. I appreciate the fact that they believe the what the FAA has proposed is too broad, unnecessarily complex, prohibitively expensive and needs to be broken down into a tiered system. I like that they emphasize the NPRM requires too much data based on the supposed potential for wrong doing. This is another piece of the information puzzle that can be used for FAA NPRM comment before it closes after March 2nd.

Also, DJI posted Commenting Tips for the NPRM a few days ago that are worth considering.
Kittyhawk and AirMap both are in on this BS . Its a money grab and they hoped it would be to late before we noticed .

Reactions: I B Spectre
It's anybody's guess as to who in the FAA chain decided to disregard the recommendations of their own Aviation Rulemaking Committee to go with a broadcast method. Rather than go with a proven capability that is effective and at no cost to the UAS owner, they did what they usually do...go with some expensive, unvetted, unnecessarily complex system. Companies like Kittyhawk and AirMap are expecting a new income stream out of this. As hard as it is, every one of us owes it to ourselves to submit a well thought out comment on what the proposed implementation will do to ALL unmanned aircraft operations. Remote ID is coming since Congress passed the law. IT's how they go about it that will determine our future. We have as much right to use the airspace as Amazon or anybody else, but we've got to fight for it.

Reactions: RotorWash
It's anybody's guess as to who in the FAA chain decided to disregard the recommendations of their own Aviation Rulemaking Committee to go with a broadcast method. Rather than go with a proven capability that is effective and at no cost to the UAS owner, they did what they usually do...go with some expensive, unvetted, unnecessarily complex system.
Look no further than the new FAA chief. New head of the FAA inherits an agency in turmoil after Boeing 737 Max crashes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex