Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

L.A. and Orange County

TheInsatiableDre

Join
Jun 28, 2018
Hey everyone (for the few still on here)! My buddy and got our Sparks recently and we're trying to get in some more flight time! If anyone's interested in joining, let me know!

Lost my Spark over the ocean. I'm out of the game for a while.
Hello pilor, that sucks so bad OMG. I almost lost mine less than a week ago.

I hope you get another soon. BTW, did you have the DJI insurance? I think they give two free repacements a year.

No insurance. I bought mine used off someone locally. I was going to get it but kept putting it off.
Mine too, I just couldn't afford it. After my bf cat infested our house with fleas, I had to spend hundreds on solving that issue instead.

Bird strike or flying too low?
Lol just a while ago I was flying at 257 feet and one of those hawk birds turned and chased my spark for probably the entire life of the battery, I was at 95% when he started chasing it, and at 10% when I got it low enough where he or she stopped. I wish I could have been recorded in reverse because the cam was pointed down in a forward position when it happened. That is the most aggressive I've ever had to fly. It was like matrix Hawn vs spark mouse lol

Reactions: EJPaet
As terrifying as that sounds to potentially lose a spark like that, I admit it sounds fun as hell to fly like that!! [emoji23] I own a mini racer and I'm sure the spark can give it a run for the $! recording S-mode flights are great rewatching and I agree, it would've been awesome seeing that bird chasing you!!

What places in LA are you allowed to fly? The Griffith observatory site says drones are illegal in all city parks.....

I believe that's correct for most public parks. I've been using Airmap to help me determine where is best to fly since I live in Ontario and within the controlled airspace of ONT.

I found a great place in Chino Hills to fly! Hill top so you have great signal transmission, and wide open space to fly over some rolling hills and cattle pastures. Lots of hiking trails in CH as well. One of the places I go to is at Grand Ave Park. But there's at least 3 great places to fly, I'm sure more if you go further south in CH. Most of these places are open hiking trails and camp grounds, and out of the air space of nearly all airports in LA, OC, and SB counties..

It's a heck of a treck from LA to drive to just to fly, but it's only 20 minutes for me.. I believe there's some flying clubs closer to LA, like in El Monte off the 60 freeway, but I don't know their rules and regs to use the field... May be worth looking into..

Here's 1 pic I took this weekend (not great). You can see Big Bear in the background. If I panned left, a sweet shot of My. Baldy!org_e6110aa8dd93bb7c_1548023570000.jpeg

Reactions: jpfromoc
Newbie here and looking for places to fly in Orange County
I live in Ontario and go to Chino Hills to fly. There's at least 3 good places to fly there. I like Grand Park, up on the hills behind the soccer fields (2nd pic). But I'm not too sure about where you could fly in OC. You can use Airmap to help you stay out of restricted airspace, and locate a nice open park area to really let'er fly out. I feel like there's gotta be great places you can fly in the Anaheim Hills area, somewhere off the 241/261 freeways. You'd get some beautiful aerials of OC from up there.. Happy flying!Screenshot_2019-04-19-18-42-36.jpegScreenshot_2019-04-19-18-51-49.jpeg

I live in Ontario and go to Chino Hills to fly. There's at least 3 good places to fly there. I like Grand Park, up on the hills behind the soccer fields (2nd pic). But I'm not too sure about where you could fly in OC. You can use Airmap to help you stay out of restricted airspace, and locate a nice open park area to really let'er fly out. I feel like there's gotta be great places you can fly in the Anaheim Hills area, somewhere off the 241/261 freeways. You'd get some beautiful aerials of OC from up there.. Happy flying!View attachment 9619View attachment 9620
Thanks for the ideas. Maybe see you out flying one day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex